2006 Honda Pilot SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:
Love my pilot!
By Bedwards722 on 05/12/07 21:14 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We now have 23,000 miles on our Pilot. We pull 2 Harley's on a trailer from time to time. It performs very well and is a very comfortable traveling vehicle. We've even taken the in-laws with us on a trip. They found the back seat very comfortable and room for baggage. Lots of AC/DC plugs. Took laptop, cell phones, and used the 12V to play DVD's.

Great family car
By RenaKS on 05/05/07 13:17 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We've had it for nearly 1 1/2 years and have 3 children, all 5 and under. First off, I love my Pilot. That said, the 2nd row is not ideal. The biggest flaw with this as a family car is that infant carseat would only fit in the center where there is no latch! Latched it using the other seats' latches but left my other 2 kids latchless. Plenty of power and cargo space. 3rd row for kids only. Nice leather. A touch noisy on highway. Great stereo. Console is very nice. Solid vehicle, runs well. I drove an Audi and would like tighter steering, though. But handles fairly well, doesn't feel too big. Great safety features

My 7th and final Honda
By judi on 04/26/07 12:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After owning 6 Hondas (cars) we were in the market for something with more space. This is a great fit that suits our needs. The fuel mileage on mine is much better than reported for every tank I calculate, never less than 20 but as high as 25 on a long trip, no complaints there. Where the big disappointment comes in is road noise and rattles. Car has been back to dealers (2) numerous times for rattles but for some reason they continue on. Although we've been loyal Honda buyers for many years, this is beyond annoying and will have to look beyond Honda for future purchases.

I'm a believer!
By Laurie on 04/26/07 11:28 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Pilot SUV LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my Pilot last April 2006, and love it more now than I did then! It is very comfortable and fun to drive. The mileage isn't the best (I get around 17 city), but it's a big vehicle, what do you expect? I have plenty of room for my two children, their car seats, strollers, and even their friends with their car seats! I have all the versatility that I need with this car. Buy it!

I love this suv like I do my Ford 350SD
By Beth on 04/14/07 17:42 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I put a dvd/game player in the back with 4 headsets etc. The family loves it. I love the nav. I get 19 miles a gal. This has been my favorite next to my Ford 350SD diesel dully truck. It drives great. I've had it a year. I am always in a hurry, so it is easy to drive. My daughter has learned to drive in it. I plan on keeping this car until it falls apart. I can't say that about many cars I've had over the years. I hall 4 kids and groceries around and still have room. It is smaller than our conv. van and trucks but it is nice for my life style. I love this SUV. It's a keeper.

Good, but not great
By GeoMan on 03/30/07 11:49 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned this car for 15 months now. This is a very good, safe and reliable SUV. It's very solid with no rattles. However, there is more road noise that expected. The gas mileage ratings of 17/22 are a dream. Reality is more like 14/20. I've taken this vehicle on several 300 to 800 mile trips. I've soft pedalled the gas and kept the speed between 70 & 75. The best I've seen is 20 MPG. I would certainly recommend the Pilot, as long as you know ahead of time the mileage is overstated.

Interior not very well made
By S on 03/21/07 04:11 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am very disappointed with the leather interior, The quality of the material is less than cheep. Within the first month of ownership a seam in the front drivers seat split. My car now has 20,000 miles on it and both the front seats where you get in on the side are falling apart. What they told me was leather is pulling away from the seam and tearing. I had many other issues about the interiors shoddy workmanship when I first purchased my car. It seems that Honda really cut corners when it came the the quality of the interior. I will never buy another Honda again. Did not get my money's worth.

Happy Pilot Owner
By Happy Pilot Owner on 03/03/07 19:48 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased the EX-L with Navigation. Navi is great and easy to use. Very helpful when traveling in an unfamiliar city. The ride is smooth and engine is very quiet. Back-up camera is great also (lots of little kids on our street running around). Have had some problems with the audio not having sound at times. Still working on this, but Honda did extend our warranty.

Great SUV
By TexasPilot on 02/28/07 13:52 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased in April after owning MBZ 320, & 2- Expeditions. Evaluated Grand Cherokee, Toyota's, Accura MDX. Liked MDX but $7k more for upgraded "Pilot" was not worth it, so we got the EX-L. Mileage 22 hwy consistent at 75, great interior design, room, comfort, creature features galore-well thought out compared to MDX base model, Pilot is a great value ~ like 6 cd in dash standard. Speakers not so good with 155 w, 7 speaker system, so we did aftermarket upgrade to Eclipse~ 1000% improvment. Road noise from Goodyear's; can't wait to replace w/ Michelins. Overall, great value.

A good choice
By budinct on 02/26/07 11:42 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have put over 10K miles on the Pilot and I have had no problems or issues. It drives very smooth and handles great. I finally have used it in the snow and it feels very secure. I have owned three SUVs (MB, Jeep x2) and the Honda is the best value and fit.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.