Used 2006 Honda Pilot Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Pilot - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

Design Flaws
By Swammee

2006 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We know 6 people with 06 or late Pilots- all have been into dealer because mice crawled into to HVAC. Why? It's not covered enough in undercarriage. Design flaw. $250 each visit. Side trim on front leather seat on ours (and 3 others wecknow of) has worn through. Why? Cheap material. Design flaw. We get snow. Don't buy a Pilot with 4WD and expect anything but nasty control issues on slippery roads and steep roads: ABS locks up, auto 4WD has no bite (even with new mud/snow tires). Design flaws. If you need room, good traction and no mice or trim issues, buy something else.

Can't think of any.

Fix design flaws - if possible.

Great Mid Size SUV
By HVA

2006 Honda Pilot LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Approaching 50K, so far not disappointed at all. Runs solid, fun to drive, does not feel very big vehicle but roomy inside. Getting better gas mileage on highway with speed between 60-70 mph. Using full synthetic Mobil 1 oil may be helpful. Will write review every 25K.

Reliability, Build Quality, Interior Space.

Seats could be more comfortable! Better Head Lights.

Beware Front Seat Back Cover
By starfortune

2006 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought the Pilot new in '06 and started to have problems with the rear speaker--got it replaced but took 2 visits. The the tire sensor kept giving a code so the truck had to be taken in several times before they figured out the problem. The vehicle gives very good gas mileage on the average of 22 miles of combined city/highway driving. The ride is smooth and road noise doesn't seem to be a problem. Our main problem has been the front seat back cover which has fallen off 5-6 times in the past 1 1/2 years which entails multiple trips to the dealer for replacement. They don't understand the problem and neither do I. Honda America was of no help so this Honda may be the last one.

Economy mode, smooth ride, size of vehicle and room of 3rd row seat compared to another SUV of similar size. Ample drink holders, fold down 2nd row console, ample head and leg room in 1st 2 rows. Great sound system- -the quality is attention getting. Handles very well given its size(in dry weather).

Needs automatic headlights, automatic locking locks, option for rear-wheel drive--front wheel drive too skiddish and difficult on steep driveway incline in wet weather, better seat design to avoid covers from falling off--should be 1 continuous piece seen in most vehicles--biggest complaint.

Great vehicle
By Bruce

2006 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV 4WD w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Greetings to all, this is my first purchase of a vehicle from Japan and I have to say this "I'll never buy anything else" again. My wife and I both love this vehicle, I am 6'2" & my wife is 5'2" we both fight over who is driving this vehicle on the next long trip! She hated my Jeep! Oh well, Honda & Toyota have it going on and the & Camry was the other choice, I went with the Pilot due to my size and the ease of entry for me. The Camry was a lot quieter though at 100MPH, yeah, I live in Germany right now & love the Autobhan here!! :) Ciao

Almost the entire vehicle!

Fuel, road noise, pass pwr seat, heated seat back, temp gage in F & C would be nice as my wife is from Europe & she would understand the temp's a bit better.

About as perfect an SUV as you can get
By Timus

2006 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my Pilot 2006 AWD for about 4 months now. It replaced a Nissan Titan so I'm not as squeamish about the mileage as others are. To me the mileage is pretty good and I drive 80 miles a day round trip and fill up about once a week on average. I was buying a half tank a day in the Titan!!! I have a family of 6 so we need the room and the third row is a necessity. Everyone who rides in it is surprised by how roomy it is inside. It's all Dr. Who Tardisy in there. Way bigger inside than it looks on the outside.

AWD, VSC. One day I pulled out into a four lane and there was a car coming but in the farthest lane. When I pulled out she jumped over into the lane that I was pulling into. It was raining. My tires spun for a sec and then the VSC kicked in and I shot off like a rocket. I was very impressed!!

I would say the ho hum appearance of the interior but I guess Honda does the utilitarian thing and you just have to deal with it. It grows on you. And besides do you really need to feel like you're in your living room when you drive?