Used 2006 Honda Pilot SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Pilot SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

Better Than the Envoy
By jdah3

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Traded 2004 Envoy for my Pilot. So far, pretty good. Nothing has gone wrong that affects performance, anyway. Been to the dealer for clips in front seats (seat backs were squeaking). Brakes grinding and sound horrible, but told "They're fine, they're just not Honda". Passenger R side of seat doesn't heat. I still feel good getting behind the wheel. Feels very solid, sure, and safe. No issues with leather as others have had. No engine or transmission problems. Radio/nav work beautifully.

Color. Roominess. Comfort. Number of cup holders. Third row is actually usable. Quality of leather. Touchscreen radio and navigation system. Backup camera. Six disc changer. Sunroof. Number of power outlets. Hidden storage in back. Ease of handling.

Road noise horrible. Rough ride. Why did they not heat the whole passenger seat and make it pwr like the driver's side? Dual climate should be standard. Move wiper control. My husband and I hit it when shifting and it sprays. Power up/down hatch. Auto on/off headlights.

From CR-V to Pilot
By Dan

2006 Honda Pilot SUV LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just recently brought a Pilot and I love everything about this vehicle because of more space and comfort. I went from CRV to Pilot which was a huge upgrade. The CRV was a great small SUV but wanted something bigger for hauling things for my small business and to tow a camper trailer. It also gets great gas mileage for the sizes of the vehicle and been getting 21 and 22 mpg in town and a little highway mixed. Can't wait to drive it longer on the highway and see if it gets 26 mpg. It looks similar to the CRV but it's nicer inside and outside and it drives quiet and rides softer than the CRV.

Seats are more comfortable than most cars. I like the VCM type of engine for improved fuel economy. A 5 speed auto which helps on fuel savings and most other SUV are 4 speed auto. Easy to drive and like seeing the ECO light come on to save fuel and it's letting you know not to push the gas hard.

Really there is no improvement necessary - the 2009 pilot it pretty much the same but it looks a little different. Maybe a new 6 or 7 speed auto in the future for better gas mileage.

Drop it, you lose it
By Joey N

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Love my 2006 Pilot. It goes when I go. Only major drawback I have is there is no room to collect your crumbs and coins when they drop to your side. My vacuum wand just isn't thin enough.

Everything I expected and a little more
By Lakerhater

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Already had 58000 miles when we brought it. Love the power. Good getup and go. Have four kids and they like the dvd system. Not factory. A nice looking SUV. Is a little loud on concrete roads. But not bad. Like the safety, three row side air bags. 5 star ratings. Safety is a big selling point for me and my family!

5 star ratings, power, plenty of room for the kids. And two dogs. Good gas mileage for a SUV.

Maybe a little less road noise.

So Far So Good
By Pat M

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Leased in June 2006. So far so good. Very reliable. Only oil change maintenance. No major problems or repair work. Except for a bad back speaker that the service dept said there was nothing wrong with...it still isn't fixed. Currently deciding if I should purchase after lease ends July 2009.

Seat heaters, roomy interior, 3rd seat fold down, sunroof, leather seats. Easy to drive and has great visibility.

Headlights are too low and dim. Some controls are oddly placed, such as cruise control and sunroof switches. Cold have better gas mileage. Wish it had better radio system. Interior finish is lackluster. Road noise.