Used 2006 Honda Pilot SUV Consumer Reviews - 289 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Pilot SUV - Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Pilot SUV

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

Safety ratings won me over
By GR

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Pilot just 5 months ago with 42,000 miles on it. It lacked some of the exterior style elements of the competition, but the interior features seem to fit our lifestyle better. The determining factor was the safety rating. This vehicle won out, hands down! Lucky for me, because last week I totaled my poor Pilot. This vehicle did exactly what it was supposed to do. Protect the occupants. My car's front end was totally smashed, the hood was folded nearly as high as the roof and I was protected in the cab. Other than bruises from the restraints and air bag deployment I am fine and totally amazed. So now the painful part, finding another one.

Cargo/seating flexibility, cup holders accessibility of power ports, heated seats, height, very easy to get in and out, and the view! MPG could better but not bad, we averaged about 18mpg.

Biggest beef, towing! You have to have components added to the engine in order to tow anything! I don't recall that finding in my first research. So if you're hoping to tow the 3500 lbs the vehicle's rated for, plan on spending about $1200 to get the equipment added.

Our first SUV
By KR

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Pilot 2006 is our first SUV. We bought it brand new and put 40K on it and it is as reliable and dependable as it was on day 1. I love the way they equipped it with very cheap maintenance. We get family over a lot and Pilot hauls up to seven adults with no compromise on performance. Leather quality and color, touch screen navigation, very comfortable seats, roomy and classy.

The look. :) Once I was driving through a drive thru and someone asked me if it was a Land Rover. Comfort, heavy smooth ride, low maintenance including regular gasoline.

Better fuel economy, full size spare, all wheel drive vs old technology 4WD, powered passenger seat, dual climate control, noise reduction in cabin, hands free blue tooth compatibility, MP3 capability, ipod AUX, HID xenons and LEDs.

Love My Pilot
By Leann

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my 2006 Pilot new and never have had any service work done! I love my Pilot. Very nice ride.

dependable, roomy, heated seats

Noisy tires on highway.

Bought Pilot over Highlander
By Castaway

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We had leased a Highlander and opted to not purchase at lease end in favor of the Pilot. We could not be happier. Definitely a better ride due to the weight of vehicle. Can't complain about the gas mileage, very good for this mid size SUV. Vehicle now has around 50,000 (21,000 from us). Used the 4wd this winter and it performs extremely well. Engine is very quiet. Make sure the VTM fluid is changed regularly. Overall a very nice vehicle.

DVD system, Leather Seats, 4wd system

Absolutely terrible stock radio/speaker system. Could use a little more leg room with front seat.

No Surprises... It's a Honda!
By Pilot_4A_Pilot

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Having owned Hondas in the past, it came as no surprise that our Honda Pilot would be a great, solid and reliable mode of transportation. We wanted a dependable vehicle that would be large enough to hold 5, plus our large German Shepherd dog, yet still be fuel efficient and able to get us through the snowy Wisconsin winters. No Surprises. And no regrets!

Drives like a well put together car, as opposed to a truck. It's spacious, and has good visibility.

This vehicle did not come with the cross bars that would make the roof rack functional. Come on, Honda. Sure, the bars probably cut down on gas mileage, but the rack is useless without the crossbars. Dual zone A/C should be a standard feature. Very un- Honda-like not to think of occupant comfort.