2006 Honda Pilot - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:
Good all around vehicle
By RJS on 04/07/08 19:08 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Acceptable ride and comfort that is not compromised by its midsized chasis. Unfortunately, the GY Integrity tires are more design for summer driving than all season. The car deserves either a higher performance tire or a more suitable all season. Could use a bit more low rpm torque. No competition in the segment offers better interior space utilization. Now if this car could be available in a diesel or hybrid version!

Nothing can touch it!
By HondaGuy on 03/19/08 08:23 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is hands down the best SUV on the road, the price and performance can't be beat. Every Christmas I take my family from Houston to Chicago, 1100 miles with wife and three kids. This year we traded up the old minivan for the pilot, and I was a little scared we wouldn't have enough room for everything and still be comfortable. I was so wrong. Everything fit, the kids had enough room, and I averaged 25 mpg. My minivan couldn't make it over 20 mpg on the same trip. I highly recommend this vehicle to any family needing an all around great kid hauler.

The perfect all-around vehicle
By HondaPittsburgh on 03/04/08 13:00 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought in 2006. Drove I-90 from Erie to Buffalo for 15 months. With Michelin snow tires never got stuck, never had to slow down much in the winter. I've had 8 adults in it comfortably and 5 of us on vacation. Hauls people and their stuff. Great seat flexibility. Incredibly comfortable highway car. Consistently gets 20MPG. Haven't spent a dime of unexpected maintenance in 48000 miles. Road noise issue goes away once you replace the Bridgestone Duelers. Feels incredibly safe. Feels a bit big at first but easy to get use to. If I could only own one vehicle - and it had to do everything - this would be it.

love it
By karen on 02/21/08 16:20 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love pretty much everything about this car. It is a great alternative for those of us who don't want to drive a mini-van but still want to have all that room and comfort. Great space inside. I have sat in the third row with my son on an hour and a half drive and it was okay. I do not suggest any longer than that for adults, but plenty of space for the wee ones. I love the gear shift on the steering column, it frees up the center console for other things like my purse. It is a very comfortable car to drive and I drive over an hour to work. I love the fact that the second row of seats recline, it makes it so much more comfortable on a long drive.

King of SUV
By Raj on 12/11/07 00:26 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV 4WD w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Has been using this from May 2006. Had around 26K miles. Driven from East Coast to West Cost. Most comfortable to drive. Mileage is 16-20 which is OK for the size of this vehicle. Navigation & rear view camera are the best in its class. While driving in Nebraska at 75MPH. Suddenly We thought the engine was shut off. It was so quiet. If the roads are bad then there is s lot of road noise. The SUV behaves more like a car then an SUV. I used it in almost all weather conditions, The vehicle is rock solid. Use the vehicle for 3 months. Then it becomes a part of your life. I heard similar comments from other owners. The only flip side is No iPod Jack & DVD entertainment.

2006 Honda Pilot AWD
By ayian on 12/07/07 22:27 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Extremely reliable, comfortable to drive with adequate hauling power. Gas mileage better than most comparable SUVs. Has plenty of room and great on long trips

Very Happy
By Rob on 12/03/07 11:47 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased at the end of the model year and got about as good of a deal as you can get on a Pilot. We've owned a few SUV's prior to the Pilot - all were more off-road capable, truck-based SUV's. Bottom line - the Pilot is perfect for us. The car-like handling, fuel consumption and responsiveness trump the abstract notion of off-road capabilities. This a family hauler. After comparing a lot of vehicles, the Pilot had more usable space than anything in its class. The interior is simple, but very nice. Hard to beat in the sub $35k class. Hard to justify additional $8k for MDX.

Think 3 times
By upset on 11/21/07 08:47 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Pilot LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Ask for a 6 cyl, and you get a car that drops to a 4 cyl to "save gas"! Well it isn't gas efficient, and if i wanted a 4 cyl, i would have bought a crv. this is not a comfortable car, road noise is loud, not very roomy for anyone over 5'3". honda could have done much better, for the sticker price. i now see why it was back on the lot just after a year, and only after driving it 45 days, it will be on the lot again!!!!

Think twice
By Regretful on 11/14/07 08:08 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Pilot LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Well, all the rave about the Pilot is over rated. It's a 6 cylinder...then a 4 cylinder! I needed a 6 cyl...as told repeated to the salesman...to tow heavy handicap equipment for my mother. I am disappointed in the road noise, but mostly Honda itself. Why tell people this is a great car? Maybe it is for most. But when you need specifics, Chapman Tucson should have directed me to something more to my needs. 30 days later, I am trading it in!

My Best Car
By Bob G on 10/25/07 05:58 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My 2006 Honda Pilot was my first SUV. It is also the first vehicle I have owned that never required a visit to the dealer or repair shop. It was perfect from the day I started the engine. I have owned GM and Chrysler products in the past, so have a pretty good basis of comparison. A Honda will be my next choice.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.