2006 Honda Pilot SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:
Great vehicle
By Bruce on 03/18/09 07:32 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Greetings to all, this is my first purchase of a vehicle from Japan and I have to say this "I'll never buy anything else" again. My wife and I both love this vehicle, I am 6'2" & my wife is 5'2" we both fight over who is driving this vehicle on the next long trip! She hated my Jeep! Oh well, Honda & Toyota have it going on and the & Camry was the other choice, I went with the Pilot due to my size and the ease of entry for me. The Camry was a lot quieter though at 100MPH, yeah, I live in Germany right now & love the Autobhan here!! :) Ciao

About as perfect an SUV as you can get
By Timus on 02/05/09 11:09 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my Pilot 2006 AWD for about 4 months now. It replaced a Nissan Titan so I'm not as squeamish about the mileage as others are. To me the mileage is pretty good and I drive 80 miles a day round trip and fill up about once a week on average. I was buying a half tank a day in the Titan!!! I have a family of 6 so we need the room and the third row is a necessity. Everyone who rides in it is surprised by how roomy it is inside. It's all Dr. Who Tardisy in there. Way bigger inside than it looks on the outside.

Honda 2006 Pilot EX 4WD Success!
By Ed M, Virginia on 12/27/08 06:40 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Have had my Honda Pilot now for 2 years, just passed 50k miles! Still an outstanding value, even if the mileage (urban 18mpg; Highway 21mpg) is not best. Great value, low maintenance, high utility for a mid-sized SUV and does extremely well in mid-atlantic winter ice/slush. Better than my previous Ford SUVs (Explorer, Bronco) and Mustang! Pilots rock! 3rd-seat roomy enough for 6 (not 8) adults or 2 large dogs! EX model AWD Pilot is a great total value SUV!

Best vehicle purchase ever!
By Honda_Lover on 07/26/08 13:07 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the best vehicle purchase we ever made. Has performed great in the worse winter conditions. Handles great considering its size. Lots of interior space and lots of trunk space for moving big items. 2 years now and not one mechanical issue. Has great power and handling, drives like a car. Great looking vehicle that turns heads when we are out. Best mid-size SUV in its class. Interior is well laid out and the stereo sounds great. Would highly recommend this vehicle to anybody.

Horrible On Gas!
By John on 07/05/08 12:55 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I read all these great reviews about the Honda pilot having good gas mileage for its size, well guess what? NOT TRUE! Horrible! 10 - 12 miles in the winter city driving, and 13-14 in the summer city driving. On the highway I would get about 18 mpg. Where did they get 18 city and 24 hwy? I had it for not even 2 years and got rid of it. I'm not here to only insult the gas mileage. it was reliable and I had no problems with it. The Japanese still have a lot of work when it comes to the mid-size suv segment. More torque than horsepower! Is it that hard for Honda to do that? Apparently yes. I guess they should stick to small lightweight cars. Up next for me? Definitely not the '09 Pilot

My Little Honda Pilot
By shallwechat on 06/19/08 14:52 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I never knew how good a vehicle could be until I had this one! We LOVE it! I think it gets pretty good gas mileage, 18-19 in town and 21 or so on the highway. It has just enough room for us in case we have to leave during hurricane season, myself, my hubby, my son, 2 dogs, 3 cats, 1 turtle (and a partridge in a pear tree maybe - lol). It rides smooth, shifts smooth and I have had many compliments on it! My next vehicle will definitely be another Honda pilot!

Great SUV for a Semi-Large Family!!!
By LoriG on 06/11/08 00:20 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this car during the year-end clearance event in July of '06. I could not have made a better decision concerning a vehicle! This SUV has the space for my 4 small children, all of the stuff they tote from here to yonder, and our dog as well. The gas mileage does not compare to a car, of course, but it's not as bad as one of those "monster SUVs" either. I haven't noticed the road noise that I've read about in so many other reviews; as a matter of fact, I get compliments from passengers, all of the time, concerning the feel and sound of riding in a car! I wouldn't trade my Pilot for ANY other vehicle out there!

Love my Pilot
By Krissy on 06/10/08 12:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My lease ends in 7 months and I will really miss this vehicle. I have owned several new cars including other SUVs and this is by far my favorite car ever. The size of the car is wonderful but it does not feel too large when driving it. It has great acceleration even at 40,000 miles. Hands down best features for the price. I'm either buying this car at the end of the lease or getting the new body style. No complaints!!

Pilot review
By Harry Potter on 06/04/08 06:59 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Fuel economy is great. When the vehicle is traveling over 30 mph and is not accelerating, the engine shuts off 3 cylinders to save fuel. I traveled from Houston, TX to New Orleans, LA on a single tank of gas. City driving reduces the effectiveness a little. Vehicle is very comfortable. We have a car seat in the middle of the second row of seats, and easily fit two adults on the sides of the car seat. We have the 3rd row of seats folded down, and have the old car seat with base, a portable high chair and a stroller (not the umbrella type, the big ones) in the rear. We still have room to make a weekly grocery shopping trip. The fold down LCD screen makes travel easy with a child. I love it!

One of the "Best" Autos I've owned.
By Ray on 05/27/08 07:28 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The only Problem I've had is the back of the front seat keeps falling off. (Six times in 27 months the car has been back to the dealer to replace/repair this issue.) I hope this will be resolved soon as the 3 yr./36,000 mi. warranty is up.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.