2006 Honda Pilot SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:
2005 Pilot
By Patty Lambert on 11/24/05 10:46 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

It is less than what I expected. Not that comfortable for the passenger. I think the passenger seat should also be automatic. Paint scratches too easy. For the money they could have done better. Not what you would expect out of Honda. Navigation system is not easy to use, waste of money.

Try it before you buy
By Jason304 on 11/17/05 21:59 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I had originally focused on 2005 Honda Pilot EX-L and got a price $27624,00. Before I put my money down, I did test drive on 5 Honda Pilot (2005 and 2006) on both local and highway speed. Under 65mph, they were very smooth. The engine ran very quiet. I have to say that I loved this vehicle very much when driving under 65mph. But when the speed exceeded 70mph, the steering wheel started vibrating. 70mph Ė 80mph range was the worst. All 5 Pilots had the same problem. I couldnít tolerate that vibration. If you are willing to buy a Honda Pilot, drive it on both local and highway.

This is my 6th HONDA! Love Them!!
By debby on 11/17/05 11:42 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Love Honda and love this SUV. I was sad when I traded my Accord, but so happy that I did. I do a lot of long distance travel and the ride is as smooth as the Accord and the extra space for transporting items is great.

You Get More For Your Money
By Ray on 11/15/05 08:52 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have a MBenz C240 and was thinking to get a ML350. With the high gas prices, I decided to get reliable car that uses regular gas. The 2006 Honda Pilot EXL with DVD player is an excellent choice, you'll get more for your money. Smooth ride, reliable engine, very good interior leather work, excellent sound system with the DVD player on. You also get 3 months free of XM Satellite radio. Very comfortable driver and front passenger heated seats, lots of cargo room with the third seat down and uses regular gas. And the greatest part is for less than $35K you'll get a full loaded car.

Quality SUV
By J5F on 11/14/05 16:57 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased an 06 with leather and Nav late October. So far very pleased with the purchase. It is quiet, responsive, looks good, and gets good mileage considering it's an SUV. Decided to go with the 06 instead of an 05 leftover due to added safety features, appearance, and better gas mileage with the 2 WD. Nav system is cool and works well. Can talk to it but it sometimes does not always understand correctly. Got a good price. Could not see buying a Ford and see it devalue like a rock and eat gas like a hog. Has many of the same components as the Acura MDX.

Great SUV
By STL, MO on 11/14/05 03:26 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My search for a new vehicle took 10 months. I test drove many others. I could not be happier with the Pilot. It offered the most features standard. The residual value made the lease payments very affordable. It is extremely comfortable and quiet, and it rides as like a car. The power won't snap your head back, but it is certainly adequate. Transmission is very smooth. Gas mileage: realistically, I get about 16/20 on average. Highway mileage and combined highway/city mileage is good for an SUV, but if one does only city driving, the gas mileage is not nearly as good. Overall, a great vehicle!

My New Car
By CW on 11/10/05 18:46 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Strong and sturdy ride, highly recommend it. I do hear some noise from the passenger door and Iím considering taking it to the dealer for them to check out. The radio is a little far from the driver to adjust, but you do have controls on the steering wheel.

Very sensible cross over SUV
By Co-Pilot on 11/10/05 13:07 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This was a tough decision. Owned Grand Cherokee's for a number of years. Tried other brands, either too expensive or using 92 octane over 87 (12% more for 92) when compared to Pilot. Honda's great reputation for quality and many awards for Pilot. Excellent resale value.

GAS SIPPING 2 WDR
By Tom on 11/09/05 00:39 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After careful research I opted for the Pilot. It seemed to offer the most versatility and best fuel economy (2wdr) in its class. I went with the EX model that in my opinion is worth the xtra 2500. Not only do you get roof rails, but pwr driver seat and a capable audio system with steering mounted controls. The interior cloth fabric is upscale vs.the LX. The ride is very quiet and subtle, there is lots of power reserves for passing or mountainous driving. The transmission shift precise yet refined. The VCM works great, shift between 6-3cyl is virtually undetectable. Due to precise steering + very good pwr assist. brakes and a fairly stiff suspension the 4300 lbs SUV has a distinct car feel.

great new car
By Flyboy on 11/04/05 22:15 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We traded our surburban for a black/grey leather pilot w/ nav. The fit and finish of the car is excellent. The seats are very comfortable. The controls are well placed but I would have liked to see the turn signal lever 1 or 2 inches lower. The nav system is excellent. Better then in my plane. The voice activation works well and with a little practice the key phrases will become intuitive. The stereo is excellent, and far superior to the surburban. The ride is very comfortable and there is not much wind noise from the sunroof. We ordered the crossbars and running boards which are black and go well with the exterior. The dealer was A+ and delivered the car in impeccable condition.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.