2006 Honda Pilot SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:
Not so great
By kimo darling on 12/19/05 22:08 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The vehicle is small and does not take bumps very well. The doors shut and make a noise like tin cans. The vehicle seems cheap and can't pull anything but a really small trailer (really small) Lots of road noise. If you look under the vehicle from the rear, the exhaust pipe looks funny the way it is routed. It hangs down and looks like a string of spegetti.

Lovin the 2006 Pilot
By Silvrmedic on 12/18/05 21:49 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Getting a true 18mph and expect highway mileage to be right on at at least 24mpg. You learn to drive in the "eco" mode (three cylinders shut off for more economy). On level highway you can't tell the difference. Overall great vehicle. It's as quiet as my wife's Lexus and more comfortable than my trade-in, a 2003 Infiniti G35. Pilot rocks

Quality Over Flash
By WorkingMom on 12/16/05 14:03 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Pilot SUV LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Owned this car a little over a month. Definitly put it through its paces-- logged over 1700 miles, highway, city, unpaved roads (my driveway), washed over roads, dry pavement, rain, snow, slush, ice. I've hauled my two year old to daycare, teenager to band practice, the whole family on a trip. Drove a few 200 mile trips for my job. I've had to park it in tight spots and inadequately plowed lots. In all these situations, it has performed without trouble. From a practical standpoint, I would highly recommend it.

Love this vehicle
By jgold1038 on 12/13/05 05:38 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd pilot. Also own a '93 with a NAV system. Vehicle is terrific to drive, plenty of room. Good mileage for the size/weight/type. Just put gas and oil in it and go.

2006 Pilot a definitel WINNER!
By Windridge on 12/09/05 20:45 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have recently taken delivery of a new 06 Honda Pilot EX-L with Navi. I previously owned an 03 EX-L model. There is little comparison between the two. The 06 is significantly more refined in so many ways. Leather, Exterior Styling, Interior Design, Sound System and over all ride. Honda has hit a home run with the car.

Just the facts 01
By racetrek17 on 12/09/05 20:16 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Ok, bought it on 7 Dec, PH-Day, EX-L RES Silver Pilot. Drives nice, 60 miles, round trip every day. As of 9 Dec 05, 159 miles, 19.27 MPG. More updates to follow. Almost went with the 06 Sienna Limited and Sub B9 7 pas Limited. Needed a good Trooper Limited replacement. Pilot won, looks like SUV, drive like car, FWD so still good in the snow.

No regrets!
By Dan on 12/01/05 12:34 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I had a 2005 sentra se-r spec V, but i wanted something more comfortable and bigger, so someone recommended a Pilot, i went to the dealership and fell in love with it. I went for a test drive and the ride was amazing so i decided right there and then to get it. Signed the papers and picked up on Monday. I am Loving every minute in that car, I look for excuses to drive somewhere. Def. worth every penny. The ride comfort can easily compete with high end luxury cars. No regrets here.

Great All Purpose SUV
By Davek1 on 11/29/05 17:14 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just purchased a 06 4wd EXL. Great all purpose SUV. 3rd row seats are a big plus. (great to be able to recline the 2nd and 3rd rows). When both rows are folded flat, the amount of cargo space is tremendous. Easy to fit large boxes or equipment (i.e., bikes). Just drove in through our first snowstorm and it passed beautifully. The four wheel drive engages and disengages quietly (although, you will hear a faint clunk, as the rear differentals disengage). Heat side mirrors are also a plus. The versatility of this SUV is comparable to a minivan. More adjustable seating configurations than most other SUV's. Has decent acceleration from a dead stop, but much better during passing

You won't be disappointed with the Pilot
By cl on 11/29/05 16:05 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I chose this vehicle due to the price, comfortable ride, and reliability and power it offers, I'm already driving this vehicle for more then 7 month and I don’t think that I could have made a better decision.

Sold my MDX
By sold my mdx on 11/25/05 14:56 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Had a 2001 Acura MDX which I decided to sell. Looked at the Honda Pilot and the mix. Bought the pilot because I could not justify the diff in price of around $9000. Rides as well or better than the Acura and mileage is about the same. Am very satisfied with the Pilot so far.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.