Used 2006 Honda Pilot SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Pilot SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

My wife picked it out!
By Tom

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My wife loves this SUV. We have had a Honda product since 1985. This year she said no Hondas. I picked out 3 SUV's. Grand C, 4 Runner and Pilot, after on-line research and test driving several different ones incl, Volvo, Trailb and Pathf. She picked the PILOT. One of the past complaints was the A/C defrost. Prob solved. The styling was her favorite. The seats are comfortable. The Nav system is tough to get used to, but once used to it works well. The XM trial offer has cvinced me to get it for my other car. With my wife happy,I am very happy, EXCEPT, I think there is an issue with some electronics, in the ignition. The engine shuts down when placed in R. It goes to shop Tues.

Response. Color. Space. Nav system. Surprised by fuel use, expected 16 am getting 18+. Backup camera. Price.

Complete Nav directions, more like the way a person speaks. Even better mileage. Gear shift position. Outside Temp guage, trip economy readout.

Best Motor Vehicle in the world
By Pilot EX-L

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is perhaps the Best Vehicle I have ever driven in. We always had a Mercedes Benz when I was Younger and I know the Best. It of course was always the Mercedes Benz. Guess who just beat them out of the Best Car in the World Club. You got it! The Honda Pilot. Without hesitation Honda has built a Motor Car second to none, The Price, the quality and the style make Honda the Leader now. I sorry, but Mercedes has a over priced as does BMW or any in the same Class as the Honda for little to offer but a hefty price tag

One of the few cars I like to be a passenger in

Probally the third row seating arrangement could be modified and a standard back up camera when Backing out the car

great car
By jay

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

great car....everything feels and fits great....had three ford suv's before the pilot....the pilot excels over the ford product.....drives like a far more expensive car

handling

put the radio volume button on the left, where everyone naturally reaches for it

Excellent Choice
By 7milehi

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Though I've only had it a week we really enjoy this vehicle. We replaced our Volvo XC90 with the Honda Pilot due to high maintainance on the Volvo. The safety features and 5 star crash test for both front and side on the Pilot was a big selling point. In my opinion the Pilot has less wind noise, is more comfortable, has more room and much better visibility than the XC90.

Very well designed mid-size SUV. Good visibility all around, smooth shifting transmission and user friendly controls on audio and temp. control system.

Xenon headlights would be a nice option.

One of the best midsize SUV out there
By MG

2006 Honda Pilot SUV LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've been reading about the Pilot for the past three years and I finally made my decision. Test drove an LX, but I encountered the dreaded Active Noise Cancellation noise and didn't buy that one. I test drove another one, no noise, bought it on the spot. First gas tank gave me 17 MPG, which I think is decent for being one week old. The car is extremely smooth at all speeds, can't hear, or feel the VCM working... only the green light on the dash let's me know it's working. Very high built quality, no noises to complain about.

VCM, decent MPG, great radio for having only 4 speakers, very smooth, looks like it is a lot more expensive than it it actually is. Drives like a dream.

Put some armrests in the back seat. My 5 year old Honda CRV has 2 armrests. Color the mirrors for LX also... how expensive can it be?

• SUV