Used 2006 Honda Pilot SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Pilot - Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Pilot SUV

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

Most Helpful|
My 7th and final Honda
By judi

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After owning 6 Hondas (cars) we were in the market for something with more space. This is a great fit that suits our needs. The fuel mileage on mine is much better than reported for every tank I calculate, never less than 20 but as high as 25 on a long trip, no complaints there. Where the big disappointment comes in is road noise and rattles. Car has been back to dealers (2) numerous times for rattles but for some reason they continue on. Although we've been loyal Honda buyers for many years, this is beyond annoying and will have to look beyond Honda for future purchases.

Favorite Features

3rd row seats. Lots of space in back for all our stuff when traveling. Handling is smooth.

Suggested Improvements

With Hondas technology surely they can make these ride quieter. You might have more repeat buyers that way.

Pilot x2
By kayaking

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

So we had a 2003 Pilot EX-L, wife totaled it - no injuries. Insurance $ came in, so we looked at Toyota, Ford, GM etc but nothing matches the quality and reliability and safety and functionality and SPACE! 3 kids + 2 neighbors for school runs Goalie equipment Camping equipment+tent trailer music - drums, guitars, keyboards etc beach trips - kayaking and beaching Road trips to East coast -

Favorite Features

low depreciation! Flexible seating - hauls everything-PLUS 3 kids RES with ear jacks - so quiet! -30 Weather - heated leather seats! 4WD!

Suggested Improvements

Better towing Better external style

So fun to drive!!
By Darlene B

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I downsized from a 2004 Suburban to my 2006 Pilot. I have previously owned a Civic and an Accord, and have longed for the day that I could get out of the "bus" and get back into a Honda. With a large family, I thought I would be waiting several more years to be able to achieve this, but the Pilot fits perfectly!! Admittedly, I did give up cargo room, but the only time we ever need it is on vacation, and I just couldn't see driving the "bus" around the other 51 weeks out of the year. I was initially scared of the mixed reviews on the mpg, but I got 14 mpg in the city in the Suburban and at this point, any improvement is welcome. I'm just thrilled with my new Honda Pilot. Don't miss it!!

Favorite Features

Love it all.

Suggested Improvements

Can't think of anything - Honda thought of it all.

Great vehicle
By Bruce

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Greetings to all, this is my first purchase of a vehicle from Japan and I have to say this "I'll never buy anything else" again. My wife and I both love this vehicle, I am 6'2" & my wife is 5'2" we both fight over who is driving this vehicle on the next long trip! She hated my Jeep! Oh well, Honda & Toyota have it going on and the & Camry was the other choice, I went with the Pilot due to my size and the ease of entry for me. The Camry was a lot quieter though at 100MPH, yeah, I live in Germany right now & love the Autobhan here!! :) Ciao

Favorite Features

Almost the entire vehicle!

Suggested Improvements

Fuel, road noise, pass pwr seat, heated seat back, temp gage in F & C would be nice as my wife is from Europe & she would understand the temp's a bit better.

Great SUV
By to_perspective

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Original owner with 85k miles. Other than routine maintenance, which is inexpensive, we haven't had to spend a nickel on this vehicle. Previous SUV was an Explorer so the reliability was a nice change. Comfort is good although a telescoping steering wheel would be nice. Mileage is as advertised.

Favorite Features

Reliability and quality

Suggested Improvements

Telescoping wheel would be nice.