Used 2006 Honda Pilot SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Pilot SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

Best Motor Vehicle in the world
By Pilot EX-L

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is perhaps the Best Vehicle I have ever driven in. We always had a Mercedes Benz when I was Younger and I know the Best. It of course was always the Mercedes Benz. Guess who just beat them out of the Best Car in the World Club. You got it! The Honda Pilot. Without hesitation Honda has built a Motor Car second to none, The Price, the quality and the style make Honda the Leader now. I sorry, but Mercedes has a over priced as does BMW or any in the same Class as the Honda for little to offer but a hefty price tag

One of the few cars I like to be a passenger in

Probally the third row seating arrangement could be modified and a standard back up camera when Backing out the car

great car
By jay

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

great car....everything feels and fits great....had three ford suv's before the pilot....the pilot excels over the ford product.....drives like a far more expensive car

handling

put the radio volume button on the left, where everyone naturally reaches for it

Excellent Choice
By 7milehi

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Though I've only had it a week we really enjoy this vehicle. We replaced our Volvo XC90 with the Honda Pilot due to high maintainance on the Volvo. The safety features and 5 star crash test for both front and side on the Pilot was a big selling point. In my opinion the Pilot has less wind noise, is more comfortable, has more room and much better visibility than the XC90.

Very well designed mid-size SUV. Good visibility all around, smooth shifting transmission and user friendly controls on audio and temp. control system.

Xenon headlights would be a nice option.

One of the best midsize SUV out there
By MG

2006 Honda Pilot SUV LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've been reading about the Pilot for the past three years and I finally made my decision. Test drove an LX, but I encountered the dreaded Active Noise Cancellation noise and didn't buy that one. I test drove another one, no noise, bought it on the spot. First gas tank gave me 17 MPG, which I think is decent for being one week old. The car is extremely smooth at all speeds, can't hear, or feel the VCM working... only the green light on the dash let's me know it's working. Very high built quality, no noises to complain about.

VCM, decent MPG, great radio for having only 4 speakers, very smooth, looks like it is a lot more expensive than it it actually is. Drives like a dream.

Put some armrests in the back seat. My 5 year old Honda CRV has 2 armrests. Color the mirrors for LX also... how expensive can it be?

So fun to drive!!
By Darlene B

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I downsized from a 2004 Suburban to my 2006 Pilot. I have previously owned a Civic and an Accord, and have longed for the day that I could get out of the "bus" and get back into a Honda. With a large family, I thought I would be waiting several more years to be able to achieve this, but the Pilot fits perfectly!! Admittedly, I did give up cargo room, but the only time we ever need it is on vacation, and I just couldn't see driving the "bus" around the other 51 weeks out of the year. I was initially scared of the mixed reviews on the mpg, but I got 14 mpg in the city in the Suburban and at this point, any improvement is welcome. I'm just thrilled with my new Honda Pilot. Don't miss it!!

Love it all.

Can't think of anything - Honda thought of it all.