Used 2006 Honda Pilot Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Pilot - Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Pilot

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

Excellent Choice
By 7milehi

2006 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Though I've only had it a week we really enjoy this vehicle. We replaced our Volvo XC90 with the Honda Pilot due to high maintainance on the Volvo. The safety features and 5 star crash test for both front and side on the Pilot was a big selling point. In my opinion the Pilot has less wind noise, is more comfortable, has more room and much better visibility than the XC90.

Favorite Features

Very well designed mid-size SUV. Good visibility all around, smooth shifting transmission and user friendly controls on audio and temp. control system.

Suggested Improvements

Xenon headlights would be a nice option.

One of the best midsize SUV out there
By MG

2006 Honda Pilot LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've been reading about the Pilot for the past three years and I finally made my decision. Test drove an LX, but I encountered the dreaded Active Noise Cancellation noise and didn't buy that one. I test drove another one, no noise, bought it on the spot. First gas tank gave me 17 MPG, which I think is decent for being one week old. The car is extremely smooth at all speeds, can't hear, or feel the VCM working... only the green light on the dash let's me know it's working. Very high built quality, no noises to complain about.

Favorite Features

VCM, decent MPG, great radio for having only 4 speakers, very smooth, looks like it is a lot more expensive than it it actually is. Drives like a dream.

Suggested Improvements

Put some armrests in the back seat. My 5 year old Honda CRV has 2 armrests. Color the mirrors for LX also... how expensive can it be?

So fun to drive!!
By Darlene B

2006 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I downsized from a 2004 Suburban to my 2006 Pilot. I have previously owned a Civic and an Accord, and have longed for the day that I could get out of the "bus" and get back into a Honda. With a large family, I thought I would be waiting several more years to be able to achieve this, but the Pilot fits perfectly!! Admittedly, I did give up cargo room, but the only time we ever need it is on vacation, and I just couldn't see driving the "bus" around the other 51 weeks out of the year. I was initially scared of the mixed reviews on the mpg, but I got 14 mpg in the city in the Suburban and at this point, any improvement is welcome. I'm just thrilled with my new Honda Pilot. Don't miss it!!

Favorite Features

Love it all.

Suggested Improvements

Can't think of anything - Honda thought of it all.

2006 Honda Pilot EX 2WD
By DCS

2006 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Honda Pilot is an efficient blend of practicality and good looks. It rides and handles well with a solid feel, and has plenty of room for passengers and cargo. It accelerates strongly yet averages over 20 mpg in every-day traffic. The V6 uses only 3 cylinders under light load, yielding about 25 mpg on the highway. Reliability after one year and 12,000 miles has been perfect.

Favorite Features

This is an excellent city vehicle, easy to handle with a tight turning circle, good outward visibility, and well-positioned seating and mirrors. The large cargo area easily handles bicycles and large boxes. The V6 provides easy freeway and grade-climbing acceleration.

Suggested Improvements

The standard Goodyear tires generate considerable road noise, uncomfortably so at highway speeds. The radio lighting is extremely bright even with the radio off and does not dim with the dashboard lights, at night the radio lighting is quite distracting.

Great SUV
By AndiKev

2006 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

A little shaky on the highway, but an excellent overall SUV. Love it!

Favorite Features

XM Radio, leather seats, lots and lots room, spoiler, lights, turn signals, smell of new car!

Suggested Improvements

Controls shouldn't be so far from the driver, wish it were a little smoother on the highway.