2006 Honda Pilot SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:
Think before you buy
By Robert on 01/05/06 13:00 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Overall a very good SUV. My major complaint is the poor legroom. Honda put a 3rd seat in the back, and the front legroom was shortened. I am tall, and can't come close to stretching out my legs on either the drivers or passenger side. A long trip would be a strain. This car is for my Wife, and she fits fine. There are also air leaks around the doors, and the inside is noisy. It will go back to the dealer soon for repair.

Impressive SUV
By ihabd on 12/31/05 18:22 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I was shopping for Honda CRV but could not resist leasing this SUV. Roomy interior, well layout of equipment. Very comfortable and smooth driving. The navigation system is very impressive. I can't think of any feature that is missing form the navigation system. Rear camera is very convenient, which is included with the navigation system option. Large cargo space. Although comes with seven speakerm sound quality is not that great. I wish they include Bouise radio system as Nissan Murano. The SUV is overpriced, compared with other mid-size SUV. Also, little more expensive than Honda Odyseey. Honda almost included all features with this SUV, including XM radio with three months.

Good Mountain Car
By nomoreford on 12/31/05 14:22 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Pilot SUV LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great all around SUV for hikers and skiers. We bought it to replace a very unreliable Lincoln Navigator and haven't been disappointed. It is very capable in the ice and snow; even with the stock Bridgestone Dueller HT tires (I can't wait to put a set of Cross-Terrains on it). It seats five comfortably, with plenty of cargo room. The third row seat really is only suitable for kids. Performance is adequate. Gas mileage could be better, although it isn't all that bad for an AWD. It will tow a light trailer or boat to the mountains or the beach. Our biggest complaint is with the seats. They just aren't very comfortable during long (over four hours)trips.

We love it!!!!!!!!!!!
By Keith Moore on 12/30/05 15:09 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We traded our 03 Pilot EXL for an 06 EXL with DVD. The Pilot has definitely improved and we were extremely satisfied with our 03! More standard features now offered (sunroof, heated seats, 6 disc in-dash CD, etc.). The drive is better than ever and the improved interior cosmetic changes (dash light color - never liked the green!, leather surfaces, improved A/C vents, etc.) are welcomed changes, in my opinion. If you have/had any drving experiences with previous Pilots, you'll definitely like the 06. Would still like to see memory seats, back glass windshield open separate from the tailgate, lighted steering wheel controls, and 17 inch wheels (still looks top heavy with 16's).

Very Disappointed So Far
By Ettamarna on 12/28/05 17:14 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After less than two months and 1,500 miles, my new 06 Pilot died (leaving my pregnant wife stranded in a snow storm). Apparently the "third bearing was contaminated" from the factory and "disintegrated." Engine was oil starved, and now short block and cylinder heads need to be replaced. Aside from that, the car suffers from a number of annoying interior creaks and rattles. Audio (both stereo and nav) "blacks out." The fr p door rubs the body panel. I have a 2003 S2000 that I love, but my faith in Honda has been shaken. Maybe it is a problem w/ the Alabama plant? I've filed a case w/ Honda asking them to replace with new vehicle (rather than rebuild the engine). Will post an update.

Pilot EX/Nav 2006
By christian on 12/28/05 13:10 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased this vehicle early this December. With 700 mles, our front windsheld water pump stopped working. The Pilot had to stay 2 days in the shop. We purchased this Pilot for my wife so she does not have to worry about mechanical problem. I took her Honda Accord, which has 38K and sold my Honda Civic. We purchase one Honda per 2 year since 1997 in average.

LOVE this car!
By momoftwo on 12/28/05 08:43 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We recently got the EX with navigation system to replace our station wagon. I am having such a great time with this car. The drive is smooth and the power is impressive. The interior space is great, with room for a family and all the stuff that goes with it. There are so many extra features that make the whole experience so much more than any car I have owned before. The rear-view camera that comes with the navigation system is wonderful with children, pets and toys in the driveway. The audio system is awesome and is equipped with satellite radio. Drive one and I think you will have to have one.

06 Pilot LX
By capilot06 on 12/27/05 21:03 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Pilot SUV LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a review of a ten day old Pilot LX with 500+ miles driven. (Previous car was a 00 Accord LX-V6). Overall smooth power delivery and transmission shifts. The ride is generally pleasant with some road noise. On rougher roads, there were some low pitch rattle from behind the driver seat (or may be behind the second row.) Driving position is good with supportive seat. Controls are accessible and intuitive. On the first 2 tanks of gas, I am averaging about 21mpg with 80% highway (sometime congested) driving. Versatility is excellent with easy steps to different seating configurations. Overall, this SUV has most features I want and presents a good value.

It's Just Awesome
By Andrew75 on 12/26/05 17:51 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am very happy with my 2006 Honda Pilot EX-L AWD. It handles great and has a very comfortable drive. Also there is so much cargo room. I bought the all season mats and rear cargo tray. It was well worth it as it protects the interior and stock floor mats.

My First Honda And Fell in Love!!!
By Harry Maryland on 12/21/05 13:10 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Test drove 4Runner, Pathfinder, Explorer before I bought the Pilot. Pilot satisfied me the most. Pathfinder and 4Runner "maybe" stronger in power but both are noisier. Pilot gives the smoothiest ride, acting like a car. I hear some people say that when in 70-80 mph, it vibrates, never happened to me. The problem for me is it is so smooth that you could easily get a speeding ticket without noticing anything. Gas mileage is decent, my calculation justified the 24 miles/gal claim for highway. This is my first Honda and will have more. The interior space is much bigger than Pathfinder's (at least feel like). By the way, I got the EXL 2 front wheel drive w/navigation systems. Price is reasonable.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.