Used 2006 Honda Pilot SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Pilot SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

Your get there
By william morrison

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My 2006 pilot is a good looking SUV. Its in a class of the MVX Is stand out is it own class. Good on gas, rides good quite ride.

XM-Radio, remote set, auto-lights on

standard Nav,satl-radio,more storge.up&down ch for channels on str- wheel. And also maybe 275 power not 240 need SUV power not (Accord V6 Power).

Pilot
By DMOS

2006 Honda Pilot SUV LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased a 2006 Pilot LX AWD during the Honda year end clearance. I like this vehicle very much. I also own a Honda Civic so I am familar with the Honda vehicles. We recently took a 600 mile trip and I average 23 - 24 MPG. This was done by driving in the 60 - 65 mile per hour range. This is my first 4x4 and I like the way the Pilot drives and feel on the road.

AWD with pretty good gas mileage

Honda should include the roof rack with all models

Love to drive
By Joy

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this car 2 weeks ago and now the Pilot has 3000 miles on it, we live in TX and we love to drive with this car only for out of town very week more than any other cars I bought before, and the engine very smooth.

head light design with projector lamp and tail light with the clear covers.

Free Garnish or chrome include for all Honda Pilot.

Great Truck at Great Price
By HondaFan

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased the '06 Pilot EX AWD for $24,200. I love how the truck handles and comes with lots of useful amenities. It rides like a car. Advance safety features come standard. The only thing I don't like from the Pilot is the placement shift lever. It should be placed in the console. Besides, wider wheels and tires would be helpful for more grips to the road. Moonroof should be available in the EX Models! Other than those mentioned above, it's a perfect build SUV for a family.

244-hp 240lb-ft torque 3.5L Engine, 5- sp automatic transmission Vehicle Stability Assist, Brake Assist, Variable Torque Management, Variable Cylinder Management, Tire Pressure Monitoring System, curtain airbags for every seat rows, cup holders, hidden door lock buttons, steering wheel, chrome dials

Transmission shift lever should be placed in console, roof rails crossbar should come standard, Moonroof should come standard on EX models, wider wheels 6.5" isnt appropriate for SUV, more powerful engine around 280-300hp would be nice, more responsive transmission, auto-lock tailgate like 4runner.

My wife picked it out!
By Tom

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My wife loves this SUV. We have had a Honda product since 1985. This year she said no Hondas. I picked out 3 SUV's. Grand C, 4 Runner and Pilot, after on-line research and test driving several different ones incl, Volvo, Trailb and Pathf. She picked the PILOT. One of the past complaints was the A/C defrost. Prob solved. The styling was her favorite. The seats are comfortable. The Nav system is tough to get used to, but once used to it works well. The XM trial offer has cvinced me to get it for my other car. With my wife happy,I am very happy, EXCEPT, I think there is an issue with some electronics, in the ignition. The engine shuts down when placed in R. It goes to shop Tues.

Response. Color. Space. Nav system. Surprised by fuel use, expected 16 am getting 18+. Backup camera. Price.

Complete Nav directions, more like the way a person speaks. Even better mileage. Gear shift position. Outside Temp guage, trip economy readout.