2006 Honda Pilot - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:
Excellent Family SUV Alternative
By JCGray on 01/17/06 00:04 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV 4WD w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After owning 2 Ford Expeditions, Vans, etc., our family is truly impressed with our 2006 Honda Pilot w/Navi. Eight passenger capability is great for carrying our son's and daughter's high school friends safely. We have had no problems to date. The car drives and rides extremely well. Very quiet inside with no problems described in other posts. Great safety ratings for front, side, and rear collisions really make this vehicle a comfort to own. I trust my wife and children are safe in this vehicle. We looked at the Acura MDX, Toyota 4 Runner, Highlander, Explorer, Subaru B9 Tribeca, the Durango, and the Trailblazer. Dollar for Dollar considering our needs, none of these cars compared.

Honda Experience
By sharon on 01/15/06 08:27 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this car and immediately took a long trip. We loved it. It hugged the road and was very comfortable to ride in. We had it packed with Christmas gifts and had lots of room left.

Has all I need
By cro on 01/14/06 16:46 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV 4WD w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Very nice vehicle, extremely comfortable and has great amount of room in 2nd row seat, enough room for my giant Britax Marathon rear facing child seat, smooth, plenty of bells and whistles.

Great family vehicle!!!
By dkdriver on 01/13/06 23:31 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

It's a luxury vehicle while being a family hauler. The navigation is awesome, and I love the drive experience. The seat adjustments are excellent, even if the interior is a little less dashing than would be desirable. It's a smooth riding comfort SUV for a large family such as ours, all for a very reasonable price given all the features. Also very safe.

IT'S A HONDA! Need I say More?
By B Kelliher on 01/11/06 10:58 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV 4WD w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

As the Title states! Its a Honda. Big reason I rid myself of my LTD 01' Jeep was because of safety $ fuel costs, comfort, features and reliability. I mean the list can go on and on. I was sold on this car 3 years ago but just could not justify the cost of buying new. I am glad I held off. My wife and 2 kids love this car. Finally after years of saying I want 3 rows,she got it and is thanking me every day. The bottom line here is: you want a suv that drives like a car but has all the features, safety and reliabilty of a larger vehicle. Look no further this is it! I own a Lexus LS 400 and I think the power, luxury and feel of this vehicle rides like a 40K plus car but I got for 31.5K

The best SUV for the price
By Sam on 01/09/06 21:06 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I was very much set to buy a Volvo XC90 or an Acura MDX for my wife. I decided to listen to a friend and test drive the Pilot. I drove it on the highway and on the streets. I drove it at high speed (over 90/mph)and curvy roads. I drive a lot for work, I was very very impressed by this SUV. It handles well. You have a good view of the road. The ride is smooth and most importantly she loves it!

Former MDX owner loves the new Pilot!!
By Ken on 01/09/06 11:22 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I recently purchased an '06 Pilot after owning an '02 MDX for 3 1/2 years. After considerable shopping I found that the MDX/Pilot was the right vehicle for me. I loved my MDX and thought I would buy another one but when I drove and compared the Pilot I actually preferred it saving $7,000 in the process. There is no doubt that the MDX is sexier but I prefer the ride and handling of the Pilot. The leather seats are a little softer and more comfortable and the interior is more practical. Many MDX features are in the Pilot that the brochure doesn't mention like dual lighted vanity mirrors and speed sensitive intermittent wipers etc. Acura Marketing is slick but the Pilot is a far better value.

Awesome SUV
By JPF on 01/07/06 21:36 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I looked at them all - Pathfinder, 4 runner, Commander, MDX, Volvo and even a BMW X3. Couldn't see the difference in the SUV's 10K more?? The X3 had a tighter ride but being 6'3" the back seat on the Bimmer was not usable for an adult. The Pilot has great room in front and rear. The third row is for twelve year olds and younger. Great ride, great fit, XM is really cool, can't say anything negative about it. Alot of SUV for the money.

turbo
By turbo on 01/07/06 15:08 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Pilot LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

vehicle is fun to drive and easy to handle on any type of road conditions. pilot is roomy and perfect for my family.

Nice Car
By Galen on 01/06/06 14:09 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I was very reticent to purchase an SUV largely as a result of the fuel economy I would lose by trading in my 2005 Accord (Which I loved!). I was of course correct in this regard however I love the Pilot. I do however get around 17 or 18 mpg which is not too bad considering the size of this vehicle. I would have to agree with previous posters that the wiper lever is too close to the shifter and I have even grabbed it by accident when trying to put the car in reverse. Overall a very nice vehicle for those looking for the size offered by an SUV and the comfort and performance of a Sedan.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.