Used 2006 Honda Pilot SUV Consumer Reviews - 287 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Pilot SUV - Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Pilot SUV

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

Great car but constant engine knocking
By Dillon

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I like my 06 Honda Pilot yes it is older but the car only has 80,000 miles on it and the engine seems to always knock it is embarrassing the car is great inside runs well but people look at my car when it's idle because of the loud knocking of the engine I have researched the problem and turns out a lot of people have this problem on this car other than that I love my pilot!

2006 Honda Pilot -a Great Car!
By K Bean

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Rock solid,easy to drive,great family vehicle
By Bob Kroha

2006 Honda Pilot SUV LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this 2006 Honda Pilot with 14,000 miles on the odometer and could not be more pleased. The Pilot now has 216,000 miles on it and runs as good as the day we bought it. Maintenance over the years has been brakes , rotors , a timing belt at 140,000 miles. Other than standard upkeep , the radiator was replaced ( pin hole leak ) and an alternator around 200,000 miles. We still make comfortable trips from Ma to Nyc.It is still the vehicle of choice when transporting the grandchildren to various functions ,soccer and hockey games. We have even had two adults in the third row seat for one of our evenings out.
We will now look at a 2016 Pilot because my daughter wants this one.
Great Car. Hope the new Pilot is as good.

Best vehicle ever!
By CK

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought new 9/06. This SUV has everything- comfort and capacity, you can haul a lot! This pilot grew with my family! I've hauled 7 kids...5 kids and their stuff...multiple hockey bags and the hockey kids! We grew up through sports, summer and winter. The reliability of this car has been amazing! Because it will be 10 next year, I have started looking at maybe a new car. I cannot find anything out there that may hold a candle to this SUV. I didn't even mention that this baby got me through a few of the worst winters in Michigan history!!! In a foot+ of snow...I only put it in 4WD to back out my drive...then off and away through about 18" in 2!!! If you only had the 2 wheel version- you would be fine in very deep snow. It handles unbelievably well. Once on a very narrow snow covered road after bad storm there wasn't enough room for an oncoming car to pass...I pulled into the "bank" on the side of the road with the hope "we can do this"...and other car passed and I "plowed" through!! On my way again in 2WD! As everyone has said- the only maintenance...normal, brakes, tires...and very recently an alternator. The warning light went off- my husband checked- it was the alternator. He and my son changed it out for about $200! (It wasn't do-it-yourself super easy...but they managed) and we continue off every day like the "energizer bunny"! Mileage is mediocre...but considering all this vehicle has delivered over 9 years, I can forgive some frequent fill ups! Honda if you are listening- clone this vehicle...it is one of the best ever!

You can't go wrong with a 2006 pilot
By Carl

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Over 150,000 miles on our 2006 Pilot and it still rides like a new. Changed the oil, tires and brakes that's all that has been needed. I just purchased
the best SUV tires money can buy, and I'm sending it to the body shop to have the paint freshened up (no rust just faded) . I'm going to hang on to this dependable vehicle.