Used 2006 Honda Pilot SUV Consumer Reviews - 289 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Pilot SUV - Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Pilot SUV

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

Honda Pilot was a bust for us!
By M Davis

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After only having this car for three years, we experienced multiple problems with cylinders, the alternator and starter among others. It is extremely difficult to get into and out of 3rd row and there is no a/c or heat in 3rd row. I do love my 6 disc changer but who wouldn't?

A True Friend!
By aeslami

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a dependable, low maintenance car that drives beautifully even after 10 years and over 170,000 miles. My two boys grew up in this Pilot. It's taken us to soccer matches, water polo tournaments and family vacations throughout the years. This has been reliable daily commuter and a comfortable long trip choice for our household. The maintenance has been reasonable and it has never stranded us. All repairs have been in line with the expected life of its parts and we kept it on schedule with recommended service cycles.

Great car but constant engine knocking
By Dillon

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I like my 06 Honda Pilot yes it is older but the car only has 80,000 miles on it and the engine seems to always knock it is embarrassing the car is great inside runs well but people look at my car when it's idle because of the loud knocking of the engine I have researched the problem and turns out a lot of people have this problem on this car other than that I love my pilot!

2006 Honda Pilot -a Great Car!
By K Bean

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Rock solid,easy to drive,great family vehicle
By Bob Kroha

2006 Honda Pilot SUV LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this 2006 Honda Pilot with 14,000 miles on the odometer and could not be more pleased. The Pilot now has 216,000 miles on it and runs as good as the day we bought it. Maintenance over the years has been brakes , rotors , a timing belt at 140,000 miles. Other than standard upkeep , the radiator was replaced ( pin hole leak ) and an alternator around 200,000 miles. We still make comfortable trips from Ma to Nyc.It is still the vehicle of choice when transporting the grandchildren to various functions ,soccer and hockey games. We have even had two adults in the third row seat for one of our evenings out.
We will now look at a 2016 Pilot because my daughter wants this one.
Great Car. Hope the new Pilot is as good.