2006 Honda Pilot - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:
I love my Honda Pilot !!!
By prazb2jc on 02/16/14 17:15 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased a used 2006 Honda Pilot EX, 3.5L, V6, 5-spd, 54,000 miles in 2012. My first Honda EVER after owning GM/Ford products. I researched this model in depth & found great ratings & high resale values. I also queried strangers driving Honda Pilots. None had ANY negative comments & ALL said they'd purchase a Honda again; that convinced me! It's been 2 years & my odometer reads 66,000 miles - runs like the day I bought it. Unlike my prior GMs/Fords, my Honda has never seen the inside of a repair shop - EVER. I maintain my vehicles regularly. My Honda has more than proven it's quality, value, & reliability. It's Honda for me from now till eternity!

Everything I expected and a little more
By Lakerhater on 04/22/09 14:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Already had 58000 miles when we brought it. Love the power. Good getup and go. Have four kids and they like the dvd system. Not factory. A nice looking SUV. Is a little loud on concrete roads. But not bad. Like the safety, three row side air bags. 5 star ratings. Safety is a big selling point for me and my family!

Beware Front Seat Back Cover
By starfortune on 03/24/09 13:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought the Pilot new in '06 and started to have problems with the rear speaker--got it replaced but took 2 visits. The the tire sensor kept giving a code so the truck had to be taken in several times before they figured out the problem. The vehicle gives very good gas mileage on the average of 22 miles of combined city/highway driving. The ride is smooth and road noise doesn't seem to be a problem. Our main problem has been the front seat back cover which has fallen off 5-6 times in the past 1 1/2 years which entails multiple trips to the dealer for replacement. They don't understand the problem and neither do I. Honda America was of no help so this Honda may be the last one.

My Little Honda Pilot
By shallwechat on 06/19/08 14:52 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I never knew how good a vehicle could be until I had this one! We LOVE it! I think it gets pretty good gas mileage, 18-19 in town and 21 or so on the highway. It has just enough room for us in case we have to leave during hurricane season, myself, my hubby, my son, 2 dogs, 3 cats, 1 turtle (and a partridge in a pear tree maybe - lol). It rides smooth, shifts smooth and I have had many compliments on it! My next vehicle will definitely be another Honda pilot!

Nothing can touch it!
By HondaGuy on 03/19/08 08:23 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is hands down the best SUV on the road, the price and performance can't be beat. Every Christmas I take my family from Houston to Chicago, 1100 miles with wife and three kids. This year we traded up the old minivan for the pilot, and I was a little scared we wouldn't have enough room for everything and still be comfortable. I was so wrong. Everything fit, the kids had enough room, and I averaged 25 mpg. My minivan couldn't make it over 20 mpg on the same trip. I highly recommend this vehicle to any family needing an all around great kid hauler.

My Best Car
By Bob G on 10/25/07 05:58 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My 2006 Honda Pilot was my first SUV. It is also the first vehicle I have owned that never required a visit to the dealer or repair shop. It was perfect from the day I started the engine. I have owned GM and Chrysler products in the past, so have a pretty good basis of comparison. A Honda will be my next choice.

In Love
By Jacksonville on 09/17/07 13:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We traded our piece of junk 2002 Ford Explorer for this car and we are in love. It is roomy and sturdy. Great for a Mom with two little active boys. It drives great and you feel as if you are driving a car even though you are up high. Cupholders everywhere!Third row seat roomier than the Explorer. We've had this car for 1 1/2 years and we are still in love! Bought it new.

Our Pilot
By Joe on 07/12/07 19:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought our Pilot in December 2005. It has been a great car, however, the air conditioning went out when we had 2,000 miles on the car. There is also a terrible rattle in the passenger side door. But if I could buy another car again, it would be the Pilot.

Just an average Honda Pilot
By SMC on 05/26/07 09:17 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my Pilot for 18 months now. It has creaking noise from the door seals and driver's side B-pillar. Every time when I have an oil change at the dealer, the service guy lubes all the seals for me. The noise from the seals usually go away after being lubed. But it will come back once the lube dries out. The noise from the B-pillar was never fixed, even after three, four attempts. My Pilot also have broken / leaking struts that have to be replaced. I am kind of shocked with the quality. Gas consumption is so so...averaged 18- 20 mpg with mixed city and highway driving, pretty close to the advsertised number of 18-24 mpg.

Love my pilot!
By Bedwards722 on 05/12/07 21:14 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We now have 23,000 miles on our Pilot. We pull 2 Harley's on a trailer from time to time. It performs very well and is a very comfortable traveling vehicle. We've even taken the in-laws with us on a trip. They found the back seat very comfortable and room for baggage. Lots of AC/DC plugs. Took laptop, cell phones, and used the 12V to play DVD's.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.