2006 Honda Pilot - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:
An Excellent vehicle
By jay2012 on 02/01/12 18:28 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Pilot LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I brought my pilot used with 45,000 miles on it back in May of 2009. Its been a very good suv and very proud of my pilot. I wrote an review about my pilot before and wanted to write another review. Its has almost 103,000 miles on it with no issue at all. The check engine light has came on two times before and found out that there was some water in the fuel from the gas station but did not cause any harm to engine but made the engine misfire and did not feel the misfire. I always change the oil every 5000 miles using the best oil. I change the transmission fluids every 10 to 15,000 miles and other services needed and its pretty cheap services needed. Good gas mileages for the size of suv.

Very Happy owner of my pilot
By Dan on 07/01/10 21:49 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Pilot LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I wrote a review about my Honda Pilot last year of May, and wanted to write another review again because I am still very happy with my vehicle. When I brought it the odo was reading 44,500 miles on it, and now its has 69,500 miles and its been a great vehicle with no problems nothing. Took the trip to Colorado from Texas and I was getting 26 to 29 mpg on the Highway. In town still getting 19 to 22 mpg with a little highway mix in. The best mpg was 32 and it's only happened once and the road was flat and getting tail wind coming home from Florida so it was almost 650 miles on a tank. I change the oil every 4 to 5000 miles and change the transmission fluids twice. I am planning to keep it long.

Hondas You gotta love 'em
By Mysteryd on 01/31/10 13:19 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Pilot LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We are a Honda family, we went from the Accord to the Cr-V then lastly to the Pilot, the change too a short minute to get used to, the size of the vehicle is a jump up from the CR-V, and the power is a great big leap of fun, the power of the v-6 and the ease of the excelaration to merge onto the highway is for lack of a better word "Cool".. The vehicle feels solid going around turns, has a smaller turning radius that the Accord, which surprised me. I live in NYC and we all know of the snow drifts from the sanitation trucks that gets pushed next to your car, they were no problem at all, to climb over with the power the Pilot. I would recommend it to any one.

From CR-V to Pilot
By Dan on 05/25/09 13:59 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Pilot LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just recently brought a Pilot and I love everything about this vehicle because of more space and comfort. I went from CRV to Pilot which was a huge upgrade. The CRV was a great small SUV but wanted something bigger for hauling things for my small business and to tow a camper trailer. It also gets great gas mileage for the sizes of the vehicle and been getting 21 and 22 mpg in town and a little highway mixed. Can't wait to drive it longer on the highway and see if it gets 26 mpg. It looks similar to the CRV but it's nicer inside and outside and it drives quiet and rides softer than the CRV.

Think 3 times
By upset on 11/21/07 08:47 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Pilot LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Ask for a 6 cyl, and you get a car that drops to a 4 cyl to "save gas"! Well it isn't gas efficient, and if i wanted a 4 cyl, i would have bought a crv. this is not a comfortable car, road noise is loud, not very roomy for anyone over 5'3". honda could have done much better, for the sticker price. i now see why it was back on the lot just after a year, and only after driving it 45 days, it will be on the lot again!!!!

Think twice
By Regretful on 11/14/07 08:08 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Pilot LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Well, all the rave about the Pilot is over rated. It's a 6 cylinder...then a 4 cylinder! I needed a 6 cyl...as told repeated to the salesman...to tow heavy handicap equipment for my mother. I am disappointed in the road noise, but mostly Honda itself. Why tell people this is a great car? Maybe it is for most. But when you need specifics, Chapman Tucson should have directed me to something more to my needs. 30 days later, I am trading it in!

Pilot vs. Highlander
By Tony on 08/11/07 13:08 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Pilot LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Moved from a Highlander to the Pilot for more seating comfort. Pilot is great in the year I have owned it. Reliable and spacious although there is more road noise than the Highlander. Still in summary I am glad made change.

I'm a believer!
By Laurie on 04/26/07 11:28 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Pilot LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my Pilot last April 2006, and love it more now than I did then! It is very comfortable and fun to drive. The mileage isn't the best (I get around 17 city), but it's a big vehicle, what do you expect? I have plenty of room for my two children, their car seats, strollers, and even their friends with their car seats! I have all the versatility that I need with this car. Buy it!

Wendy's Wonderful Ride
By yankeeladee1 on 12/06/06 04:39 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Pilot LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had nothing short of a fantastic experience with my Pilot. The ride is comfortable, seat belts for everyone, room galore, great heating/cooling, and a great stereo from the factory. I've driven it long distance (2500 mi) and had no troubles of any kind...no mechanical nor body aches either. The seat comfort is unbelievable until you ride in it for a time. It offers enough support for long distances and is firm enough for 4-wheeling. I love my Pilot...though I'd like to customize the interior to suit my needs a little better.

Honda rocks
By BOBBY GORUN on 11/14/06 20:23 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Pilot LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I wanted an SUV that was going to be fun to drive,and spacious. Honda is the one brand all the other manufactures use as a benchmark. That opened my eyes. If all the other guys want to talk about Honda it must be that good!! And it is. Thank you Honda...

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.