2006 Honda Pilot - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:
We love our pilot
By yohahn_bravo on 10/02/14 04:53 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Oir Honda Pilot is the best. It is so versatile and big yet drives like a small car. We have never brought the car into a repair shop for anything more than scheduled maintenance. I swear this car will run for ever. The interior has supportive seats and after 100k there is not a tear in the drivers seat leather not even wore out. Really good on the snow stability control barges in exactly when u need it. It is really just like a box so visibility is crazy good. Rearward visibility is as good as it gets with a back up camera. The only feature I would like on this pilot is just a little more horse power and torque it never feels stressed but I just LOVE power.

I love my Honda Pilot !!!
By prazb2jc on 02/16/14 17:15 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased a used 2006 Honda Pilot EX, 3.5L, V6, 5-spd, 54,000 miles in 2012. My first Honda EVER after owning GM/Ford products. I researched this model in depth & found great ratings & high resale values. I also queried strangers driving Honda Pilots. None had ANY negative comments & ALL said they'd purchase a Honda again; that convinced me! It's been 2 years & my odometer reads 66,000 miles - runs like the day I bought it. Unlike my prior GMs/Fords, my Honda has never seen the inside of a repair shop - EVER. I maintain my vehicles regularly. My Honda has more than proven it's quality, value, & reliability. It's Honda for me from now till eternity!

7-year owner - still pleased
By jetfuture on 09/02/12 20:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased brand new in December 2005. Currently have about 53,000 miles. Replaced all brake pads and rotors at 40,000. Replaced tires at about 49,000. The unexpected maintenance has been the front suspension links at about 3 years (they are now starting to rattle again...looks like they last for 3-4 years). Cheap fix though. The condenser went bad at 6.5 years. We use the A/C quite a bit in the summer, and in the winter (defrost). Not much of a "windows down" family. Have followed the Maintenance Minder program. Replaced transmission fluid at 30,000 (did not wait for Maintenance Minder recommendation). Has plenty of zip when you really step on the gas. Get about 16/22 mpg.

An Excellent vehicle
By jay2012 on 02/01/12 18:28 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Pilot LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I brought my pilot used with 45,000 miles on it back in May of 2009. Its been a very good suv and very proud of my pilot. I wrote an review about my pilot before and wanted to write another review. Its has almost 103,000 miles on it with no issue at all. The check engine light has came on two times before and found out that there was some water in the fuel from the gas station but did not cause any harm to engine but made the engine misfire and did not feel the misfire. I always change the oil every 5000 miles using the best oil. I change the transmission fluids every 10 to 15,000 miles and other services needed and its pretty cheap services needed. Good gas mileages for the size of suv.

2006 honda pilot LX 4WD
By joeking79 on 12/11/11 16:00 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Pilot LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchase my suv brand new...After putting 76k miles the car still drives really good. Just the regular maintenance and haven't have any problems. I notice a few a bad reviews about the SUV. Would it be possible that previous owner did a bad job on maintenance. I always follow the maintenance minder which saves me a lot of money. Sometimes dealership want you offer all this extra maintenance which does not require you to do it. I used to drive a X5 but the maintenance and gas killed me. I have no kids but i always enjoy driving SUV. A friend of mine drives a 2006 LEXUS GX470. I still like the ride on my awesome PILOT.

Disappointing Reliability (Annoying)
By rav4guy4 on 08/30/11 08:14 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Pilot LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I got it with 50k miles for $19k in 2009. It was in mint condition with all of the service records included. I thought, "Honda?, how could I go wrong?" Well, I've learned since then that Honda SUV's aren't all they're cracked up to be. Within a year, the front headlights and parking lights inexplicably went out all at once. No warning light, no sign of a short circuit. I replaced all of them, and no issues since then. Next, the idiot light for the gas cap intermittently came on. The gas cap seems to be like new, but I guess it's just temperamental? I don't know... It's a Honda, I shouldn't be dealing with these annoying issues. Next, the rear driver's side power window doesn't work

Should be the "Standard" for SUVs
By burghcarguy on 07/27/11 14:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

105,000 miles and I've had one repair - the radiator. Otherwise, just routine maintenance. Goes through anything once you replace the lousy OEM tires. No rattles after 5 years - nothing. Just incredibly solid. Have had 8 adults in it, with no complaints. Can haul stuff and people. Family of 5 to the beach? No problem. Big visit to Lowe's? No problem. Handle a Buffalo winter? No problem. Great highway vehicle. Superb comfort for long drives. You feel very safe in it. Traction control and Stability control work great. Great mileage for its size and hauling capability. 18 around town. 22 on the highway.

Great SUV
By to_perspective on 05/23/11 12:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Original owner with 85k miles. Other than routine maintenance, which is inexpensive, we haven't had to spend a nickel on this vehicle. Previous SUV was an Explorer so the reliability was a nice change. Comfort is good although a telescoping steering wheel would be nice. Mileage is as advertised.

Not Happy with HONDA Pilot 2006
By p_j on 05/08/11 20:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Pilot LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have honda pilot 2006 with just 36000 miles and at 4100miles it starts giving me knocking noice from engine and few weeks later it stops on high way their is a big problem in engine and mechanics say they need to change the motor. I bought it because of reliability i didn't find reliability and it is a gas guzzler.

Transmission
By acarspecialty on 09/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Love the pilot we had a range Rover, ml430 and a BMW x5 before our Honda every service was over 4k the Honda just turned 100k and the service is under 1k wow it runs great and doesn't need lots of maintenance like our high end suvs I am a believer in Honda and love it very practical money saving car

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.