2005 Honda Pilot Consumer Review: I like my Pilot

2005 Honda Pilot - Consumer Review

2005 Honda Pilot

EX 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic)

I like my Pilot
By Honda Guy on

2005 Honda Pilot EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought our Pilot used with about five thousand miles on it. We've had it two years and absolutely no problems. We live in SC. We drove it to Oregon and back this July (100 degrees plus out west). We drove back in three days with sightseeing in Utah. It handled and drove like a dream. There were three of us and our stuff. The engine has great power and does 80 with ease. Gas mileage was as advertised. Stability control saved me from an accident on a five-lane through Charlotte, NC when the guy in the lane to my left started to pull into my lane before he looked, and I instinctively yanked the steering wheel to the right to get away. I would have lost control of a lesser vehicle.

Engine, transmission, and stability control are my favorites. But I have to say, I like the whole package. It's comfortable, rides quiet and smooth, gets expected gas mileage.

It would be nice if the second row seats laid flat, like the third row seats. They angle upward toward the front. Otherwise, I like it like it is. It's a quality SUV we hope to keep for many more miles.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review