2005 Honda Pilot 3.5L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic w/Leather and Entertainment System Consumer Review - High Quality SUV

2005 Honda Pilot - Consumer Review

EX 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic w/Leather and Entertainment System)

High Quality SUV
By Nancy on

2005 Honda Pilot EX 4WD 4dr SUV w/Leather, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am the 2nd owner of this 2005 EX-L with built in navigation and entertainment system. Got it 2 yrs. ago as I wanted an SUV with excellent visibility and reliability. Honda has not disappointed me as vehicle has both. Only maintenance has been oil changes. I now need new tires at 63k miles-not bad! Gas mileage is not great-I average 18 MPG combined but this is a 6 cyl. so gas mileage is not going to be fantastic. I was thinking of downsizing to get better gas mileage. I looked at many other SUVs and none compared with the Pilot. I don't want to sacrifice comfort and space so I am keeping it. Excellent headroom, spacious interior. Rear a/c great for my dogs! Handles great in snow.

Favorite Features

Visibility, headroom, spacious interior, rear a/c, comfortable ride, reliability

Suggested Improvements

Wish it got better gas mileage but it's a trade off for the favorite features. Some wind noise but I was told by Honda dealers newer models have corrected that. I would definitely buy another Pilot!