2005 Honda Pilot Consumer Review: Almost Perfect

2005 Honda Pilot - Consumer Review

EX 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic)

Almost Perfect
By yeh642 on

2005 Honda Pilot EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 05 EX from a car broker 2 years ago in 2008 as I always wanted a SUV for the convenience and to able to go on trips with my family. It's been a great purchase thus far. The pilot has a powerful engine with ample room, the 3rd row seating is not great, but I've been able to fit 9 adults (albeit we're all skinny) comfortably on long trips. I've used it many times to help my friends move, it's easy to fold the 2nd and and 3rd row seats down for transporting large items, it can do it all! This past year I was able to test it out with the record snow falls in the north east, and drove through 2 ft of snow without any problems, if you're thinking about getting an SUV, I recommend it.

Solid vehicle, powerful engine, very roomy, cup holders and storage bins are conveniently placed throughout the interior.

Biggest drawback like most people is the MPG. With a mix of 40/60 highway/local driving, I get only about 18 MPG, I know it's a SUV, but that's near a V8 gas usage. I wish the EX came with a sunroof, but it was only available in the EX-L for the 05 model year. Other than that, I love my pilot!