2005 Honda Pilot SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:
05 Pilot EXL
By router1998 on 03/14/06 13:11 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Pilot EXL fit my requirement as AWD SUV. The space is good and fold down seat is convenient. There is no crossbar by default is a surprise. I have to buy crossbar in addition to ski rack. The gas mileage is also so- so. Well, it is really enjoy to drive it on snow.

Like it, but Disapointed
By Robetp on 03/11/06 10:06 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We love the interior room and body style of our Pilot. We arn't happy with the placement and style of the controls, namely the gear shift leaver / wiper lever, igniton key placement- have to look for it, tilt wheel lever- clumsy- make it spring loaded,guage cluster visibilty- with wheel in driving position can't see spedo numbers. Creature features - no auto door lock, NO compass?? front seat bottoms are a little short for taller folks. DON'T like the trans, notable downshift, sometimes stays in alower gear than should- causing higher RPM. OUR REAL disapointment is FUEL MILEAGE - 13-14 city 17-18 Hwy. even driving easy it's terriable. We sold our Expedition because it got 12 & 16, consistently

My opinion!
By LARRY on 03/07/06 18:36 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Needs a more distinct look from the CR-V.

05 Pilot
By C Moore on 02/15/06 13:43 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Overall excellent, this is my first Honda purchased after reviewing serveral web sites and looking at four other SUVs. Honda won out based on overall features and price.

Great Choice
By tcp27705 on 02/13/06 15:46 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Honda Pilot was a great choice for my family. It has seating for 8 for those occasions when you have a big group to haul around and just a little stuff. The rest of the time it has a ton of storage space for luggage, toys, groceries, or whatever you need to have in the car along with 5 people. The back seat (2nd row) is wide enough for 2 kids in car seats plus an adult to sit between them. Try that in an Accord or any other mid-size sedan. Or even in a Highlander. Good luck squeezing in. That's not a problem in a Pilot. We have averaged 18 MPG overall. Usually 16-17 around town, 20-22 on the highway.

I Love My Pilot
By Julie on 01/31/06 11:48 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV w/Leather, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is by far the best vehicle i have ever owned. Very safe and very reliable and so much fun to drive i love my pilot

Not impressed but keeping it real
By Ex-pecting more on 01/28/06 10:28 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased an 05' ex cloth 12/05 immediatly began hearing a buzz or rattle coming from the "b" pillar both sides of vehicle just above the front seat belt pivot anchors. Service department, Honda rep and design engineer say it is an "Inherent characteristic of the door seal design" and they can not fix it. They will not buy back the vehicle, so I get to live with a "Buzz" in my ears. @ 310 mi have a rattle from front passenger dash @ the airbag. My mileage is 14.7 mixed driving. Radio reception & sound quality is marginal. Size and seating flexability are near ideal. The engine and tranny work together well. The steering is vague with too much on center play. Honda should be better for $30k

Great big car for the money.
By David on 01/18/06 10:12 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV w/Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Probably the best quality and package for the price. Been driving the car for about a year and the Pilot offers excellent practicality along with flawless build quality. Good power, although don't expect great fuel economy, it is an SUV after all. Tailgate takes some muscle to close and the styling is rather bland which was somewhat improved in the 06 model. A great car if your fighting the need to buy a minivan and don't want the truck feel of some of the domestic offroaders.

I Love My Honda Pilot
By kailove on 01/15/06 00:23 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Pilot SUV LX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 05 Pilot to replace my two door Toyoya Solara, and I could not be happier. The SUV gives me the room and storage that me and my son need on a daily basis. The ride is smooth and I have never had an issue with it.I can haul a stroller and gorceries with no problems. I have driven it out of town a couple of times and it is a great road trip!!!

Honda pilot, solid and reliable
By JP Madden on 01/14/06 00:54 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV w/Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Before buying we had test driven and seriously looked at the Toyota Highlander as an alternative. The Honda won out mainly because of the "Value for money" with the extras. The stereo with 6 in dash CD, the climate control, the leather. All of which were add-ons with the toyota unless you got the limited option. in the end we have had no regrets at all. One key difference is that the highlander is full time 4x4, pilot is a full time front wheel drive with 4x4 coming in when traction requires or in low gear and selected on. It sounds like a lesser option but believe me when you are in the highway you don't want to waste fuel econ. on 4x4. when you do need traction its there in spades!