Used 2005 Honda Pilot Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Pilot - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

So far so good...
By chadbo

2005 Honda Pilot EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We generally keep our cars for at least ten years. We're hoping the Pilot continues the streak. So far the it's been a pleasure. It's our road trip vehicle, our hauling' vehicle, and our dirt road vehicle. To this point it's performed well in nearly every area.

Powerful A/C. Rear climate controls. Visibility. Heated mirrors (we live in ice storm country). Turning radius. Tire pressure monitor.

Gas mileage is certainly less than the EPA sticker indicated. Gear selector is vague. Better stereo with front aux input. The "third row seating" is cruel unless you're a child.

Great SUV !!
By Joe

2005 Honda Pilot EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This has been the best SUV experience. Only maintenance has been oil changes and service agreement maintenance. Runs like a top. Exterior and interior looks are average but engine and roominess make up for it. Can't beat the Honda workmanship!!

third back seat and loading area. Plenty of luggage space for at least 4 people on trip

Great SUV !
By kiko

2005 Honda Pilot EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle is awesome. I own a BMW X3 and the Pilot comfort ride is just as good. I enjoy the fuel economy it gives compared to other SUVs. It's roomy and the engine has a nice pick up. I have the EX-L and love the upgrades. I just can't get enough of my Honda Pilot. TRUST ME, I have a Toyota 4runner, BMW X3, Nissan 300z, along with a small list of cars but I just can't get enough of the pilot. I love my Honda. It's one of the BEST car buys that I've made in my life !

The 3rd row seat is good small children and the DVD player is a good option.

The only improvement would be that it should come with standard 17 inch rims. ( at least )

Very Pleased
By donl

2005 Honda Pilot EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Have driven vehicle off road and in snow without incident. Very comfortable for me whereas most cars bother my back driving for extended periods. Mileage as advertised. First vehicle owned that required absolutely no warranty work.

Handling and comfort

Replace foot activated emergency brake with simple hand lever. Move column shift back to console where it belongs.

Out of control Pilot
By JD

2005 Honda Pilot EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my Pilot EX for almost three years. Overall I've been very happy with it but I've had two unexpected problems within the past couple months. The starter died and was luckily covered by Honda of America and most recently when I was driving on the interstate doing around 50MPH on dry pavement, the vehicle lost control after I switched lanes to avoid a car that cut in front of me. This resulted in a crash off the road. I have no idea what caused this crash. Maybe ESC would have prevented this incident. The vehicle didn't roll and unfortunately it wasn't a total loss. Once a car is taken apart, it's never the same.

Perfect size for a family with two kids. Comfortable quiet ride.

Sunroof on EX and ESC.