Used 2005 Honda Pilot SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Pilot - Consumer Reviews

2005 Honda Pilot SUV

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

Good all around Car
By sneeky127

2005 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I waited until a nice long road trip to rate this car. Car was awesome on a 2400 mile round trip to FL and back with two kid,two strollers three big suitcases and all the stuff that goes along with a 3 year old and a 1 year old. Car got a little over 21 mpg. I think that is pretty good as I was averaging 80 mph with a loaded down car. Smooth, tight ride with plenty of power. I love the V6, lots of torque. I would improve a little on interior styling (which Honda may have already done). We were shopping for the 08 highlander and bought the 05 Pilot as the used highlanders weren't big enough and the used pilot had similar space as the new Highlander and a much better price! Certified used.

Favorite Features

Power, Honda reliability. Smooth ride with low road noise for a suv.

Suggested Improvements

Interior styling. Also would like a radio with the digital read out, stereo sounds awesome, I added an aftermarket HD Radio receiver for more listening options.

Cracked seats..
By PFH

2005 Honda Pilot SUV LX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Had driver's (leather) seat skin replaced twice in first two years because of cracked side panel. Replaced whole seat bottom including foam last year. That is three seats in less than three years. Now they say no more warranty to replace both front cracked seats. This on a car only three years old. Passenger seat is now cracked on the side panel as well.

Favorite Features

engine trans..

Suggested Improvements

better ride quality

So far so good...
By chadbo

2005 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We generally keep our cars for at least ten years. We're hoping the Pilot continues the streak. So far the it's been a pleasure. It's our road trip vehicle, our hauling' vehicle, and our dirt road vehicle. To this point it's performed well in nearly every area.

Favorite Features

Powerful A/C. Rear climate controls. Visibility. Heated mirrors (we live in ice storm country). Turning radius. Tire pressure monitor.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage is certainly less than the EPA sticker indicated. Gear selector is vague. Better stereo with front aux input. The "third row seating" is cruel unless you're a child.

Great SUV !!
By Joe

2005 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This has been the best SUV experience. Only maintenance has been oil changes and service agreement maintenance. Runs like a top. Exterior and interior looks are average but engine and roominess make up for it. Can't beat the Honda workmanship!!

Favorite Features

third back seat and loading area. Plenty of luggage space for at least 4 people on trip

Great SUV !
By kiko

2005 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle is awesome. I own a BMW X3 and the Pilot comfort ride is just as good. I enjoy the fuel economy it gives compared to other SUVs. It's roomy and the engine has a nice pick up. I have the EX-L and love the upgrades. I just can't get enough of my Honda Pilot. TRUST ME, I have a Toyota 4runner, BMW X3, Nissan 300z, along with a small list of cars but I just can't get enough of the pilot. I love my Honda. It's one of the BEST car buys that I've made in my life !

Favorite Features

The 3rd row seat is good small children and the DVD player is a good option.

Suggested Improvements

The only improvement would be that it should come with standard 17 inch rims. ( at least )