2005 Honda Pilot - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:
Solid and comfotable
By Keith on 07/15/06 13:35 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Pilot EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We are very satisfied with our Pilot. It is a solid vehicle, the gas mileage is good. We recently took 5 adults on a trip with luggage and were all comfortable.

2005 Honda Pilot - EX
By dan on 07/13/06 08:38 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Pilot EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Very comfortable to drive and ride in, mother-in-law passenger rating was - very comfortable. Surprising gas mileage when I followed the Honda Owner's Manual driving instructions, 20 mpg city - 24 mpg highway. My highway driving speeds are 65 - 75 mph.

Honda Fan
By Mark Zehnpfenng on 05/27/06 08:24 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Pilot EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Pilot is the best vehicle we have owned. It drives great, has all the features we need and has rock solid reliability.

Take Me to Your Pilot
By Bruce Epley on 05/24/06 22:25 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Pilot EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Have only taken one major trip with my new Pilot since purchasing it in January, but really enjoyed the feel and comfort, as well as the handling. Coming from a Transport minivan, I'm giving up a bit of room, but feel much safer on the road. Got just a little higher than 20 mpg packed to the gills with moving my daughter home from college.

Honda won't fix recurring problems
By wrod on 05/23/06 11:18 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Pilot EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had problems from the beginning with my Pilot EX-L and Honda's customer no-service is maddening to deal with. You can't talk to anyone but the person who answers the phone, who is obviously trained at stonewalling the customer. The vehicle will hesitate and lose power and the gas mileage is HORRIBLE. I get better mileage from my V-8 truck than from the Pilot. If you buy a Pilot you better hope you don't have problems because Honda won't fix them.

loving it
By mark on 04/20/06 16:58 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Pilot EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle was selected over some great competition. I have owned Accords in the past and currently own one now. The Pilot drives like a sports car. It is easy to handle and fun to drive. I picked Honda for its reputation. The final justification was a Honda will have problems in 7 or 8 years where a domestic vehicle in the same class will have problems in 4 or 5 years.

Great vehicle!
By Jim0885 on 04/20/06 13:48 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Pilot EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am 100% satisfied with the Pilot EX. Feels like I'm driving a high end car. The vehicle is so smooth and quiet and has plenty of power. Merging and passing on the highway is great. I think this vehicle is the best value for the money in this class. It's also the largest in it's class. Plenty of storage space and room for my kids and their stuff.

Great....but the Buzzing will kill me!
By Justin on 04/18/06 19:54 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Pilot LX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I are fairly happy with our Pilot. We have 25k miles on it now and still doing well. Great get up and go and good simple luxury items. My only problem is the buzzing that seems to come from the entire dash no matter which road I'm on. I am going to have a 2nd dealer look at it, but no improvement so far. I push on the plastic dash in many different areas and it stops for 30 seconds or so... then it starts right back up. Only option is to open the windows or turn up the stereo! I have a 1996 Corolla with 206k miles on it and still no buzzing!

15K review, not so perfect
By path4 on 04/11/06 12:34 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Pilot LX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned it for about 11 month and put it 15K miles. Averaged 14mpg city, 20-22mpg highway @75-85mph. The seat is not comfortable. I can not find a configuration that fully support my back. Not a problem for short trips, but I take long trips often and I always have back pain and sour neck after driving 2 hours. Engine is pretty quiet, but wind noise and road noise become annoying @ 80mph. More sound dumpening material should be used. Both my wife (not a good driver) and I find it easier to drive than corolla and accord. The rear backup sensor is well worth the money.

Definitely not a highway car
By Buzzy on 04/07/06 06:35 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Pilot LX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The vehicle is an in-town performer. Quick and agile, good boat ramp puller, and plenty of family features. However, extreme road noise on the highway and lousy front brake rotor design makes for a disappointing product. If the load is light and the speeds are low, this is a good neighborhood vehicle. But a road warrior, it is not.