2005 Honda Pilot - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:
Love the Pilot!
By JD on 12/05/07 18:52 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Pilot EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had the Pilot EX for just over two years and it's the perfect vehicle for a family with two kids and their stuff. Everyone who rides in the Pilot can't believe how smooth and quiet the ride is. The Pilot is also fast. I don't "get on it" that often but it really moves when it has to. I have 42K on the clock and it's been super reliable. The size of this SUV can feel a little clunky around town and the highway ride is great.

Bad Truck
By disgruntled on 11/10/07 18:44 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Pilot EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is by far one of the worst vehicles that I have ever owned. This truck overheats. The heads went bad the vehicle is a total disaster. Seats are uncomfortable. Interior lights, light up on their own. Would not recommend the car. Would not buy again. I have owned Hondas in the past and this is by far a poorly made car.

It was totalled
By Louis on 08/15/07 08:36 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Pilot EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Pilot EX was a total joy to drive until the tire pressure sensor simply has its own mind after 1 yr. But it's not the worst. Handling-wise it is OK. In snowy, icy and heavy rain condition, however, I only get 70% control of the car when driving 35 miles per hour. I consistently got overtaken by other cars as I drove on interstate. Different tires, same result. The worst: The vehicle simply lost control when I was avoiding an aggressive pass-on-the-right Subaru. My Pilot skated around on the (dry) interstate a few seconds at 60mph until it rolled over into the embankment and totalled. None of the airbags went off for no explanation. I was lucky to survive it.

2005 Honda Pilot Review
By Joanne Goodale on 07/14/07 22:48 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Pilot LX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love driving this Pilot. We've have taken it on several road trips and have found it extremely comfortable with plenty of room for luggage. Also, the 3rd row seat has come in handy many times. You can split the second and third row seats which is offers different options for passengers and baggage. The turning radius is better than my volvo's.

Great for the size
By disneymaniac on 06/29/07 21:57 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Pilot EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great on gas and easy to control. Never have to worry about finding a parking space large enough. Has a very good pick up for getting on freeways. Great resale value.

Used to like my Pilot but now....
By ckshubin on 06/01/07 08:48 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Pilot EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Initially I loved this car and was glad I bought Honda for longetivity and reliability. For the first 2 months of ownership I drove rental cars. Electrical problems galore. 2 1/2 years old and still weird electrical problems keep popping up. Interior rattles galore! Clunk in driver's seat. Have to update Nav DVD to current one or it won't work after awhile. Sounds like a bucket of bolts driving down the road. Seats hard and uncomfortable. Road noise is loud. Will be surprised it doesn't fall apart before the warranty expires. Will not be keeping long term like we do our other cars (10+ years). Am looking for a new car now to replace this Pilot.

2005 Pilot EX
By Marty on 05/27/07 06:07 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Pilot EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Pilot has been everything I would expect in an SUV. Only two problems typical of this model. Rough ride on rough road surface. Rear roof air deflector collects ice and breaks when hatch is opened unless ice is cleared first.

Very Uncomfortable Leather Seats Design
By Hal on 04/23/07 14:44 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Pilot EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Overall quality car except bad front leather seats and headrests that are totally uncomfortable. Bad design! Gas miles are as good as claimed.

What am I missing?
By threeputt on 03/23/07 19:32 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Pilot LX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I should have posted this sooner. My wife and leased our '05 Pilot in September of '05. The dealer drove it himself and put 5k miles on it. The seats are uncomfortable. Spongy braking, hiccuppy acceleration, upper body roll, poor sound and a noisy interior. On the positive side, good turn radius, good build(lousy seat belts) quality. Based upon what I've read from others, this vehicle is overrated. Never, and I repeat never, let your wife tell a Honda order taker that she absolutely loves it. They will never back off on price. I'm on the hook for another year. Then, he lease is UP!!!!!

Love this vehicle
By Jim D on 02/24/07 11:50 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Pilot EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had zero problems with my Honda Pilot EX - I love it. I feel like I'm driving a luxury vehicle. This SUV is fast. This SUV is the perfect size for a family with two kids. Many people who ride in it can't believe how smooth and quiet it is. There's almost no wind noise when driving on the highway. The AWD system works great. Can't say enough good things about this vehicle.