Used 2005 Honda Pilot Consumer Reviews - 382 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Pilot - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

Fantastic Auto
By steve blake

2005 Honda Pilot EX 4WD 4dr SUV w/Leather, Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The finest ride for a SUV. Comfort is excellent. A much finer auto than my Chrysler 300. I could not be more pleased with the selection we made for my wife.

Navigation system. Custom steering wheel and wood grain trim on the interior.

Less than 500 miles and a serious prblm
By huntersdl

2005 Honda Pilot EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love Hondas ... don't get me wrong... but I now believe the street rumors that they aren't as reliable as they used to be.... My story.. on the second day of ownership... less than 100 miles I start to brake but it is doing nothing... I press harder and the pedal goes down to the max and its just barely stopping... luckily no one was in front of me... finally stopped and tested it at the next light and it worked fine... 3 weeks later it happened to my wife and again lucky no one was in front... Called honda and they agreed with me in that they think it is the master Cylinder.... We will see if it fixes it but less than 500 miles and it does this? I'm optimistic it will be ok!

Good Room... quiet, comfy, good handling, decent pickup for a 4600 lb beast.

Compass, LCD interior lights, better tires, 2nd row seat that disappears totally like the 3rd, tweeters above the head..... and rear air above the head not in the middle... and a back window that rolls down.....

Gas mileage is terrible!
By L Lenell

2005 Honda Pilot LX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I like the car but can't afford the gas. We are paying about $80.00 a week for gas. I wish we had gone with the cr-v

Handles well
By Marcy

2005 Honda Pilot EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Handles great on highway and in town .Good gas mileage Easy to see out all windows

Comfort inside

Add a sunroof

Great Start
By Jeff

2005 Honda Pilot EX 4WD 4dr SUV w/Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have only had the vehicle for less than two months. So far I have had no problems. I traded in my old Jeep Grand Cherokee for the Pilot. In terms of ride, handling, & interior design the Pilot is superior to my old Jeep (which I really enjoyed). The Pilot seats are more comfortable than the Jeep seats, though the Jeep seats were excellent for long trips & I have to not yet had the Pilot on an extended trek to make that level of comparison. I have yet to experience snow or more than very light off-road conditions so I can't compare performance in tough going as of yet.

Lot's of space & storage cubby holes. Great small touches such as grab handles everywhere, hooks to hold the floor mats in place, excellent ergonomics. Very good ride, handling, & power.

The vehicle is very new to me, so I haven't really found anything that I would change as of yet.