2005 Honda Pilot - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:
2004 HONDA PILOT
By SCOTT POPE on 11/08/04 15:37 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Pilot EX 4WD 4dr SUV w/Leather, Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

MY HONDA PILOT IS A GREAT VEHICLE. DURING THE HURRICANES IN FL I USED MY AWD PILOT TO PULL A TREE THAT HAD FALLEN OVER FROM THE WINDS BACK UP STRAIGHT AGAIN. THE ONLY NEGATIVE, WHICH IS A BIG ONE, IS THE FACT THAT I BOUGHT MY PILOT IN JAN 2004 AND THE GPS MAPPING DID NOT HAVE STREETS AND BUILDINGS (NEW COURTHOUSE) IN THE GPS. THESE STREETS AND THE COURTHOUSE ARE OVER THREE YEARS OLD!! HONDA SAID I COULD PURCHASE A NEW DVD FOR APPROX. $175 TO UPGRADE MY ALREADY POST DATED SYSTEM........NOT A GOOD PR MOVE IN MY OPINION.

Honda Pilot
By lewsandbox on 11/07/04 09:52 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Pilot EX 4WD 4dr SUV w/Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After owning 3 Ford Explorer's I was ready to leave the SUV world, however now that I own the Pilot I could not be more pleased. It is roomier, my wife is pleased with the ride as we often take long trips. She felt that the Explorer was too much like a truck. Unfortunately I am not pleased with the dealership where I purchased the vehicle. A poor service department and despite promises to the contrary no follow through from management.

Fantastic
By Tekay on 11/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Pilot EX 4WD 4dr SUV w/Leather, Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Test drove a number of other cars Like the Toyota 4 runner the mazda mdx ,and jeep they all had high price tages the toyota and jeep didnt have very much driver room. the mdx seemed to be shorter in the lenght of front end and sloped downward and for the price and comfort the honda pilot was much better.

Perfection
By DAWGFAN on 10/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Pilot EX 4WD 4dr SUV w/Leather, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I researched every SUV out there for the better part of 2 years, nothing compares to the Pilot. We waited until 05 for the factory sunroof and it was worth the wait. Excellent rig, highly recommend it.

Paid Dealer Invoice for this beauty
By uscsublime on 10/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Pilot EX 4WD 4dr SUV w/Leather, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We almost bought a Toyota Highlander and were recommended to test a Pilot. We bought the Pilot the next day after that dealer in Escondido, Cush, said these are never discounted. We went to Poway Sunday morning during the local nfl game and it was empty. We paid invoice and felt great about it. Remember the buyer is in charge all the time. Dont listen to salespeople.

On My Way to a "Hat Trick"
By M Byrne on 10/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Pilot EX 4WD 4dr SUV w/Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am the proud owner of my second Pilot and plan to replace it with my third. Three in a row. The "Hat Trick" I traded my first Pilot in on my second. I received $23,000 for my trade and paid $5,500 to drive off in my new 04. It cost me $5,500 to drive 18 months and 45,000 miles. My Pilots have never had any warrenty work. They are a problem free vehicals.

The Best!
By MissMelissaReed on 10/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Pilot EX 4WD 4dr SUV w/Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the best car for people who have multiple little children. The interior holds up well to messy hands and there is plenty of leg room in the third row. A BEST BUY!

On my second pilot
By finhead on 10/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Pilot EX 4WD 4dr SUV w/Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The first pilot was brand new when we hit some black ice, spun around and went off an embankment. We rolled down a hill then up the other side, then back down and landed upside down in the river. My two sons and dog were all unhurt. The pilot was a mess. Bought a second one based on the way it survived that event. The build of the car probably saved my life as we hit a tree in midair and the roof partially collapsed over my head. If it had completely collapsed I would not be writing this. No air bags deployed during our flight/roll/impacts, which was also a good thing.

Honda Pilot 2005
By Ronnie Clay on 10/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Pilot EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a 2003 Pilot and put 62,000 miles on it in 2 years. I averaged 21- 22 miles per gallon and never had a second's problem with it.That's why I bought a 2005 Pilot. It is quiet, solid, rides great, with good power and great gas mileage.

Too Much for the Money
By Polk on 10/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Pilot EX 4WD 4dr SUV w/Leather, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just returned from long road trip to Disney and the Pilot made it bearable. DVD is awesome with 1 and 6 yr. old. Gas mileage is okay but performance and room is unbelievable - at least for $33k. I am 6'1, 220 and I immediately astounded at the amount of lateral room. Arguably the best third rower out there that will fit comfortably in garage without killing you at the pump.