2005 Honda Pilot SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:
They don't get any better!
By stefg on 12/18/04 09:41 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV w/Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my Honda Pilot for two years without a single problem! I 'really' like this vehicle! A Honda is a great vehicle!

You HAVE to test drive before decision!
By Swish1651 on 12/15/04 23:32 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV w/Leather, Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I was interested in a 3-row vehicle and SUV. Knowing the terrible gas milage of most SUV's i started inclining to a van. Making a second trip to Honda Pilot, i fell in love with the 05' model. I STRONGLY SUGGEST DRIVING THIS VEHICLE BEFORE MAKING ANY DECISION!! The price is amazing for the things included - sunroof, amazing bose system, very reliable navigation system, leather, and a 3rd row seat with compromisable trunk space. I purchased this vehicle in black with saddle leather interior, and was amazed at the beauty, while being a Honda. We did our hw, and payed $31,500. The Acura MDX was our other option, but was ending up being $43,000+.

My 2003 Pilot
By Bob on 12/12/04 09:54 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV w/Leather, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My first Honda... wonderful car... interior switch gear is odd: the single stalk to operate the wipers is confusing as I own and operate two other cars.

Awesome!
By huggy on 12/07/04 17:49 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV w/Leather, Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This has to be the best car/SUV I have bought! You would never know you were driving an SUV. Can't wait to get up and go for a drive!

Soccer Moms May Love It-I Sure Don't
By AUSeminole on 12/01/04 09:44 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV w/Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Had it for 3 weeks, bought it brand new. Front end has a vibration right at 70 MPH which the dealer has so far been unable to correct. Check engine light came on after 2 weeks, and it's in the shop for the 2nd straight day. It takes about 10 minutes to fill up the gas tank. At highway speeds, a little accelerator pressure results in constant downshifts and hunting for the right gear. There's hesitation when slowing down and then hitting the gas. After having a Grand Cherokee V-8 for 8 years, this is a disappointing vehicle. Maybe it is a good soccer mom car to cruise around town in, but I'm used to a traditional SUV, and this isn't traditional.

No more Fords for us!
By snowbill on 11/27/04 22:55 PM (PST)

After 12 yrs of leasing Ford vehicles- Taurus, Windstar, Expedition... we went looking for another vehicle (other than at our beloved ford dealership) WOW! Great fit and finish-->we have become so used to saying-it's a nice vehicle, but it's a ford...rather, now we cannot believe how much more refined the Pilot EX/RES is! Great value for the money(my other car is a MBenz 500 SEL so we have the means)I would urge you to check out the Pilot - my wife loves it!

My Pilot
By F. Flores on 11/27/04 10:07 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV w/Leather, Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I drive 25000 miles per year. I also trade every 2 years. This is my 2nd Pilot, and I am already planning for my 3rd. I feel safe and really enjoy my vehicle. We are a Honda family. My wife and daughter have Accords, and we would not drive anything else.

Great SUV
By Chris_P on 11/24/04 21:07 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV w/Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a Sage EX-L. It has been a great vehicle. Road and engine noise is minimal. The new standard CD changer and glass power moonroof makes it even better. It is like an MDX for less and it runs on regular unleaded. I would definitely recommend it!

2005 Honda Pilot
By dlmorgan on 11/24/04 02:14 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV w/Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The 2005 Honda Pilot is well made in fit & finish. It travels well in comfort & limited road noise. It falls well short of the sticker advertised gas mileage however. Upon returning to the dealer because of 13 to 14 mpg, I was reminded of the 11 to 36 mph fine print. Futher, I was informed that all of the dealership Pilot owners were getting the same mileage. I also find the Pilot hard to start. It requires several overturns of the engine to start. The dealership check this and informed me that this is normal for all pilots. The handrail by the head could be hazardous in quick lateral moves or in accidents. A previous Honda owner, & disappointed.

Pilot - great car
By Jen Powers on 11/23/04 22:28 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV w/Leather, Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

It handles well, is fun to drive and is very comfortable. I wish the Nav came with voice activation, and the standard tires aren't the best, but otherwise it's a fabulous vehicle and I like it more as time goes by. Really glad I researched SUVs and bought a Pilot.