2005 Honda Pilot SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:
Pilot EX 2005
By ND Doc on 12/28/04 15:25 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Leased it in Oct 2004. Reliable, good in North Dakota snow, has high ground clearence. I am more satisfied with the build quality of my 98 Honda Accord than this. Hear some rattles inside, wind noice pronounced. Excellent customer service at Fisher Honda.

nice, very nice
By gkh on 12/27/04 00:28 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV w/Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Haven't had the vehicle long, but this one is really a treat. Having put a tranny in an ML320 at 110K, decided to hunt for another rig....after mass test drives of everything you could imagine, decided on the Pilot...and absolutely no regrets..this SUV rides better than most upscale cars, great power availability, nice fit/finish and can't wait to drive it tomorrow.

PA IN A PILOT
By pa fam on 12/26/04 02:06 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV w/Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We traded our 2001 Odyessy for a 2005 Black Pilot. We are sure glad we did, we didn't realize how much we like being a little higher compared to our van, and our CR-V. Our new pilot is very quick when accelerating onto freeways. The gas mileage could possibly be better for being a mianly front wheel drive suv(glad it has low range). The interior is a huge improvement over our vans, and is easier to see out back. Our Pilot is great in allweather and we are enjoying it very much so far in the winter. THIS CAR ROCKS!

BUY THIS ONE!
By Walt L. on 12/23/04 12:49 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV w/Leather, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

With a family of five (3 kids 9,6,&4), we desired an SUV w/ a third row and a dvd. I personally desired leather. After months of research, it came down to the 2005 Pilot and the 2005 Pathfinder. With basically the same amenities, the Honda came in about $3,000 less than the Pathfinder. We are extremely pleased with our purchase.The Pilot has excellent room and superb power. If you are looking for a so-called "mid-size" SUV, BUY THE PILOT!

Grandpa Loves His Pilot!
By Jim on 12/22/04 22:45 PM (PST)

I thought I was past my minivan stage, but when safety for hauling the grandkids became a factor, here I am again. My Pilot is awesome! It is comfortable, quiet, easy to park, fun to drive and I know my precious grandkids are safe in it. I'm getting 16-19 MPG city and 18-21 on the highway. My 18 month old grandson loves the rear entertainment system. I have back problems, and the heated 8 way adjustable seat is greatly appreciated. It is too early to tell about reliability, but Honda's reputation is solid. With seating for 8, great storage, solid grip on the road (I've driven in some bad weather) and SUV versatility, I don't know that I will ever go back to a sedan.

Honda Got It Right
By Jax101 on 12/21/04 11:48 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV w/Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle puts the "sport" in SUV perfectly. Very fun to drive. Plenty of room, numerous safety features, a great design, and very practical. Add that with Honda's build quality, and the fact that Honda's hold their value so well, and you really can't go wrong. Cheaper than a 4-Runner, and better than the rest.

Great Car for the Price
By Michelle on 12/20/04 17:16 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Pilot SUV LX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this vehicle under the asking price so I got a great deal. I love this vehicle. I do not miss anything by getting the LX model. The base model for the Pilot has everything I need and want in a car. We test drove other SUV's but nothing compares to this for the price and for all the standard options.

Honda Pilot
By kc on 12/20/04 11:21 AM (PST)

The Pilot performs as expected for a safe, sensible suv. Towing package, power passenger seat, fog lights, and auto dimming rearview mirror should be standard for a car at this price. The cd changer should be integrated into the main radio to save space. Navigation AND RES should BOTH be available options on the SAME vehicle. I guess Honda needed to differentiate the Pilot from the Acura MDX to justify the $6 - 10K premium.

Great SUV
By carmenda on 12/20/04 00:30 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Fun to drive SUV. Compared to Nissan Pathfinder and found the pathfinder drives like a truck. This SUV drives so smooth and reminds me of the Honda Accord. Test drive this SUV and you won't be disappointed.

Gotta Love It
By BPGene on 12/19/04 01:41 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV w/Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The week after buying our new Pilot, we had a 24" snowfall. It took several hours for the plows to get the roads open, but our new Pilot handled everything we threw at it without any fuss. I was very impressed with it's ability to handle all that snow and icey roads without any kind of slippage. We couldn't ever tell when the power engaged the rest of the wheels. The impecable build of this vehicle is almost perfection. It feels and sounds solid when you close the doors and drive/ride in it. I have heard people say they don't get the kind of mileage they expected, but we get 20mpg up & down a 7% grade every day going 42 miles to work and just last weekend got 22.8mpg on a 300 mile trip.