Used 2005 Honda Pilot SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Pilot SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

2005 Pilot reflections after 80,000
By Peter Fauerbach

2005 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV w/Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Two areas of concern: poor sound system (need to fiddle, fiddle, fiddle with dials when switching from talk to music), and tailgate height when open. Other than those, it is a strong value. Very capable in icy snowy conditions.

Big, comfortable and efficient.

Lift gate height (+ 3 inches) better sound system (call Crutchfield) Longer front end - too many cutters out there.

Love this car. Hate the mileage
By EGuy78

2005 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my favorite car that I've ever owned. I love everything about it, except the mileage. But, I'm willing to look past that! Love the center console in the front seat. Love the cargo room. Love the spacious back seats. Love the looks. Love the pep. It really is a fantastic car! We've always had Hondas, but for some reason, I wasn't interested in the Pilot until we drove it, and now, I'm hooked. Best car ever.

Room, Center Console, Style

Gas mileage is poor. I think the best I've ever gotten is 20 mpg on the freeway.

High Quality SUV
By Nancy

2005 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV w/Leather, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am the 2nd owner of this 2005 EX-L with built in navigation and entertainment system. Got it 2 yrs. ago as I wanted an SUV with excellent visibility and reliability. Honda has not disappointed me as vehicle has both. Only maintenance has been oil changes. I now need new tires at 63k miles-not bad! Gas mileage is not great-I average 18 MPG combined but this is a 6 cyl. so gas mileage is not going to be fantastic. I was thinking of downsizing to get better gas mileage. I looked at many other SUVs and none compared with the Pilot. I don't want to sacrifice comfort and space so I am keeping it. Excellent headroom, spacious interior. Rear a/c great for my dogs! Handles great in snow.

Visibility, headroom, spacious interior, rear a/c, comfortable ride, reliability

Wish it got better gas mileage but it's a trade off for the favorite features. Some wind noise but I was told by Honda dealers newer models have corrected that. I would definitely buy another Pilot!

Love my Honda
By RaylynnLois

2005 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV w/Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I had a 2005 Ex-L Honda Pilot. I loved it from the beginning. Best vehicle I have owned thus far. I am pretty sure it saved my life, with the safety features it has I am very grateful. I was recently in a head on collision and my honda held up its end, I walked away with minor aches and pains. By the looks of it I should have been much worse! I would buy another in a heart beat.

Heated leather seats, 3 row for extra passengers, high safety ratings, lots of storage room.

Better Mileage and pricing

Solid SUV
By soccermom

2005 Honda Pilot SUV LX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I debated between my 2005 Honda Pilot and a 2008 Jeep Commander. I settled on the Honda. Love the room and cargo space. I seldom use the 3rd row seating but it is roomy for the kids. The gas mileage is not bad for this SUV. Has great get up and go and looks nice on the road!

Nice looking, roomy and smooth ride.

Back glass lift instead of having to lift the entire back door.