Used 2005 Honda Pilot LX Consumer Reviews - 31 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Pilot - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

Awesome vehicle.
By noone

2005 Honda Pilot LX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Doesn't get much better than this.

Proud Pilot Owner
By KellyMarie

2005 Honda Pilot LX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my pilot for about 8 months now. Between work, college, and family I put many miles on my pilot and find it is still very reliable. Although it cost me more than I wanted to spend this car is truly a great investment. I bought it knowing that I will have a family someday and this vehicle will stand the test of time. Got into an accident a month after I bought it. Totaled half of the other vehicle. My pilot had nothing but a scratch on the bumper and I didn't even know I hit the other car. Safety is one of the best features of the Pilot. I never felt the impact of the accident! I spent a year researching before making my purchase. Glad I picked the Pilot!

Steering Wheel Controls, 6 CD Changer, Decent Gas Mileage (for a vehicle of its size), Safety, Enough room for family and friends! Handles great in the crazy New England weather! Great Air Condition and Heat ! Climate controls work very quickly!

Car Alarm isn't sensitive enough. A neighbors son broke the back window with a rock and the alarm didn't trigger. Can't put back windows down if doing over 25, horrible noise!

Solid SUV
By soccermom

2005 Honda Pilot LX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I debated between my 2005 Honda Pilot and a 2008 Jeep Commander. I settled on the Honda. Love the room and cargo space. I seldom use the 3rd row seating but it is roomy for the kids. The gas mileage is not bad for this SUV. Has great get up and go and looks nice on the road!

Nice looking, roomy and smooth ride.

Back glass lift instead of having to lift the entire back door.

Cracked seats..
By PFH

2005 Honda Pilot LX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Had driver's (leather) seat skin replaced twice in first two years because of cracked side panel. Replaced whole seat bottom including foam last year. That is three seats in less than three years. Now they say no more warranty to replace both front cracked seats. This on a car only three years old. Passenger seat is now cracked on the side panel as well.

engine trans..

better ride quality

2005 Honda Pilot Review
By Joanne Goodale

2005 Honda Pilot LX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love driving this Pilot. We've have taken it on several road trips and have found it extremely comfortable with plenty of room for luggage. Also, the 3rd row seat has come in handy many times. You can split the second and third row seats which is offers different options for passengers and baggage. The turning radius is better than my volvo's.

I enjoy the ride of the Pilot. I also love the size, not too big and not too small. Also love the turning radius.

None.