2004 Honda Pilot 3.5L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Pretty good all-arounder

2004 Honda Pilot - Consumer Review

2004 Honda Pilot EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

EX 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic)

Pretty good all-arounder
By K on

2004 Honda Pilot EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought it at 45K now at 65K only 2 minor issues. Coolant crossover??? and a back light on the HVAC controls. The 4 kids (one in a car seat) my wife and small dog and I fit well enough but if we actually want to take anything with us especially for an overnighter, storage space can be tight even with the 60/40 split 3rd row. Bought a roof bag for camping/cottaging. I hate the plastic bug deflector (aftermarket but bought and installed by Honda); it vibrates and makes a very loud noise over 65 and on my second one now same thing. But I'm nitpicking, overall it's a good all round vehicle that would fit well with someone who can sacrifice a little space and just doesn't want to drive a minivan.

Favorite Features

Part time 4wd, seats 8 if necessary, good stereo, best fuel economy in its class, rear seat HVAC controls, not a minivan, it's a Honda.

Suggested Improvements

Wish Honda had a bigger model above the Pilot in like the Sequoia's class. An AC outlet and dual zone climate up front would be nice too. Wish Honda made a V8.