2004 Honda Pilot Consumer Review: First SUV, probably the last!

2004 Honda Pilot - Consumer Review

EX 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic w/Leather and Entertainment System)

First SUV, probably the last!
By VASteve on

2004 Honda Pilot EX 4WD 4dr SUV w/Leather, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my 2004 Honda Pilot EXL w/DVD and absolutely love it. Fuel economy is great for a vehicle this size, V6 is strong, and handling is amazing. Turning radius exceptional, and brakes very firm. Interior has simply everything you want for a family vehicle including safety, entertainment, and comfort. A week after I bought the Pilot, I had to dash out of my city to flee from an impending Isabell with my family, pets, and luggage. After 330 miles of driving on congested, windy, and wet roads; I would drive nothing else. Overall, the 2004 Pilot EXL epitomizes the saying, "it ain't braggin if you can do it."

So many to pick from! Let's see: Exceptional handling, highest overall safety ratings of any SUV, powerful V6, stereo and a half, and innovative extras on the inside.

Add a full-size spare? How about coming down a little on some of the option costs: $199 for a cargo liner? $249 for a self-dimming mirror? I would honestly have spent more if I was getting more value!