Used 2004 Honda Pilot SUV Consumer Reviews - 553 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Honda Pilot SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

Amazing!
By Happy Honda Owner

2004 Honda Pilot SUV LX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my Pilot for 8 months now and I love it. It's clean, comfortable, resourceful, and well built. I have not had any problems whatsoever. It is the smoothest drive and has lots of room, more than a Jeep Grand Cherokee. It's great for traveling, camping, fishing, family and more. Everything is durable and well put together, even the engine looks clean and easy to work on if necessary. I would recommend this vehicle to everyone. I haven't been so satisfied with my car like this ever. Before I owned 2 VW Jettas and had nothing but problems and I have never been happier with my Pilot.

The amount of room, smooth ride, reliable, dependable, great features.

Better gas mileage would be nice, but it's not that bad. Have the head rests be more adjustable and not only go up or down.

Honda rocks
By abulazeez

2004 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We love this SUV so much, it moves very fast, just like rocket, fun to drive. The 4x4 is very fantastic. I enjoy driving in turbulent off road terrain. It is a wonderful SUV. Will recommend it for every one.

4WD system is solid, the SUV is very balanced, and it moves very fast.

Fuel economy is not too good but it can be better.

Hard To Beat A Honda
By rdanderson

2004 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had good luck with Hondas in the past and this Pilot did not disappoint. It is a very comfortable car to drive. I drive it in the mountains often and it handles the curves and snow very well. I don't find the road noise to be a problem - it is quieter than my CRV. The gas mileage isn't great - about 18 around town - but I knew that when I purchased it. Not a deal breaker for me. I find the cargo space to be quite adequate for my needs; and the heated seats are a definite plus. How about adding a heated steering wheel?

Heated seats; comfort on long drives; flexibility of cargo options; good head and leg room (I'm 6'4"); dependability; the feel of a solid car when I close the door.

A little more pizazz for exterior design; heated rear seats;lumbar heating on passenger seat; have the rear audio stay on until manually turned off; lights on the steering wheel controls (audio & cruise control).

No Repairs Yet!
By Stacy H

2004 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car new. It has NEVER had a problem ( besides battery and brakes) I have 80,000 miles. I was hit by a Taurus, I got out of the Honda and could not see a dent, finally I saw it, only $900 to repair (Taurus totalled) These are great cars, mileage could be better, wind noise bad, great product.

Seats, reliability, size, looks great after 5 years!

Can't have the windows down due to vibration from wind. Gas tank too small, only 16 gallons.

Almost Great
By Nole Man

2004 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I really like the overall practicality of this vehicle. It's roomy and not bad if you have to carry passengers in the 3rd row. For short trips at least. The only beef I have is the quality of the interior materials in certain places. Things like the air vents, climate control knobs are made from some of the flimsiest plastic I've ever seen in a car. I expect more from Honda.

Layout. Cargo space. Up to 8 passenger seating in a pinch. Drives very smoothly for an SUV. Turning radius is great. Tremendous visibility.

Add cross bars to the roof rack (you only get "roof rails" and they're useless without the cross bars). Use better materials in the interior.