2004 Honda Pilot SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:
Great SUV
By Crystal on 06/04/06 21:27 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Pilot SUV LX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We travel everywhere in the pilot with no worries. Great on gas and excellent on reliability. Very glad we bought this vehicle.

04 Pilot EXL
By Bob and Dee on 05/21/06 07:35 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Have owned several used honda cars and all have been predictably reliable. We bought this Pilot new though and now after nearly 20 months and 21000 miles it is still completely problem free and a pleasure to drive. It has been thru 2 snowy Minn winters, easily pulls our 18 boat and entertains the kids with the DVD. This is the wife's truck and she loves the visibility, ride comfort and EXL features. She told me there is no way I could get her to drive (or even ride in) an Explorer or the GMC AWD Safari we've had in the past.

Not Bad
By diamondmen on 05/13/06 09:04 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this vehicle used from auction, it is a basic EX, and impressed with the room inside, I dont like the shifter, doors should lock automaticly when gear in drive and should unlock when parked. I liked the third seat, it is somewhat comfy and folds nicely. Typical honda built with lots of plastic (pampered myself with german cars forever) but functional. I would like the ride to be more connected to the road and have a middle dash shifter. Couldn't try for MPG yet but it seem to guzzle.

Great suv
By k tyer on 05/08/06 19:13 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle is the best suv we've owned. Have had suburbans and vans none can touch this. Fit and finish is superb. Only small complaint is gas mileage is not as good as advertised, as with all cars!! Tight fit for 7, but o.k. for 5 folks.

Love my honda pilot
By Moises on 05/06/06 19:22 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Pilot SUV LX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I got a pilot for the the third row seat, but after driving it, i knew it was the right pick. The way it drove it was awesome. Will buy another one in a heart beat. Might not have the looks but I love it the same. Once you drive it you see why it is the one for you.

04 pilot
By Amber on 02/12/06 07:45 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have never been the "soccer mom" type but I was forced to get a car with more room. I must admit though the pilot is a great buy it's got the most room for the money, and ofcourse my kids love the dvd player. I am very happy with my purchace.

Solid, Good Power ...
By ajwray on 12/30/05 09:57 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Having owned over 10 new Hondas in the last decade this is easily my favorite (prior was the initial CRV). I traded in a Durango (V8) which was getting 11 MPG for the Pilot and the trade off between V8 power and the Pilot is negligible. The Pilot easily accelerates on the highway while being fairly stingy for the MPG (we get 18- 20). We also have a Liberty Sport which is a great 4x4 but this is the SUV which balances family needs, safety, and versatility all in one vehicle. Don't expect to go offroading in this SUV but we just got hit with major snow here in New England and my Pilot cuts through drifts like butter. Many other cars were stuck in the drifts but no problem w/Pilot.

I like my Pilot
By 2004 Pilot EX on 12/21/05 17:23 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I was a 20 year BMW owner and find the Pilot to be perfect family vehicle for a group with an active lifestyle. It is an easy drive, uses regular gas, very reliable and good in town and on the road. No reservations about any part of this vehicle.

Pilot of our own
By Pilot Owner on 12/18/05 16:42 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Our sixth Honda - waited for the Pilot before plunging into SUV ownership. Heated seats means my wife drives the Pilot all the time. Radio and cruise controls on steering wheel make for safer driving. Interior design results in great versatility. We've used the third row seat maybe six times in nearly two years, and it was useful. Lots of room for two kids, two labs, and lots of gear. Wish list - curtain air bags, six disk cd.

Solid Performance for the money
By Don Tucci on 11/12/05 11:17 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my Honda Pilot after quite a bit of research. I looked at the others. For my money, this vehicle was the best choice. The reliability, comfort of ride, and standard equipment put it far ahead of the other competitive vehicles in its class. Further, the resale value of this vehicle is hard to beat, and the reliability allows you to keep the vehicle well after it is paid for or until you are ready for a change. The only changes I would have liked in regard to my model was a folding flat second seat and a sun roof, which I believe are both now currently available. This is a solid, spacious and reliable vehicle that will last.