2004 Honda Pilot SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:
Accident/Crash Comments
By Cheryl on 12/09/06 10:05 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

When you hand your children a key to a car you are giving them control of their life. Truly and the life of others. My daughter had a head on crash into a stopped vehicle going ~38 MPH. My CAR TOOK THE ENTIRE HIT. She did not even get hit with an airbag as it did not need to deploy!!!! Wish I could afford Hondas for all my children and all my grandchildren! The car took 5 weeks to get back but it is just like new!. The Safety comments are real. My daughter would have been seriously injured had she been in her old car.

GREAT Car!
By Buck on 12/02/06 09:42 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

picked it up 60,000 mi ago. never once been back to the dealership. 4WD is awesome.

Great Vehicle
By Joseph on 11/16/06 11:31 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Overall a great vehicle, lots of room. But lacking in better gas mileage, however I did know that I was buying a SUV. Lacks body style, wheel are boring. Vehicle looks much better with 20" rims and chrome grill. However I would not pass this vehicle buy if you have a family and still what to be a bit sporty.

Pilot
By Cindy Marson on 11/07/06 09:33 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great car with plenty of seats! I went from a mini van seating 8 to this. Smaller then the van but great features and more reliable! I have compared it to several other vehicles and nothing compares for the space and features unless you go to a full size suv and that is too much gas. Would have liked to get the DVD without the leather because it is cold in the winter and hot in the summer. Hard on the little kids. I would buy another one today if I had to!

Disappointed
By Karl on 11/06/06 09:51 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Pilot SUV LX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Researched and test drove the 2003, but waited for the 2004 in hope of Honda removing any bugs. At 19,000 miles the radiator had to be replaced due to a split seam. At 20,186 the ECT sensor was replaced. At 20,300 the thermostat was replaced. At 22,495 the fuel pump/filter assembly was replaced. At 23,500 the PCM was replaced. The the fuel injectors were replaced during same service visit. The vehicle is in the dealership (not the one purchased from) having the head gaskets replaced. This is the seventh trip to the same dealership to repair the check engine light and VTM- 4 light on. We have the technology to put a man on the moon and safely return him but I can't get my car fixed.

Best SUV I have ever owned
By Michael on 10/24/06 17:43 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned a 4-Runner, Bronco, Suburban, and driven just about every SUV out there and this is the best all around SUV yet. Reliable, gets decent mileage for an SUV and I was shocked at how well it handles and a third row to boot! Very solid. In the snow I have not ben able to get it to lose traction...great AWD system. I will drive this one for years to come and it has 73,000 mi. on it already..not even broken in yet!

MK HONDA
By melrcl45 on 10/17/06 07:51 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Pilot SUV LX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

A very competent auto. The front and rear seating positions "feel" large and spacious. Very comfortable for an SUV, smooth and quite at highways speeds, but still, not a car. Average gas usage overall is 14-17 range. Never more that 19 on a long trip. Next time, I'll be looking for better gas mileage. No daytime running lights- except manually on. Overall- very satisfied.9+

Decent SUV w/ OK Gas Mileage
By chipito on 09/14/06 06:43 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had a Subaru AWD Wagon, 4Runner, Expedition, Tahoe & now Pilot. Looked at MDX a long time but couldn't justify $6K more for essentially the same vehicle. AWD system is excellent and interior volume is great for the entire tribe. We pull a large Coleman pop top w/ factory hitch and after mkt E-brake no problem. Wife can get up to 27 MPG, I get 22; much better than 4R, Exp or Tahoe. We can even get 3 bikes inside w/ 40% rear seat down. Only complaint is the cheaper plastic interior pieces, that dealer has replaced so far, front seat bottom, door frame gutter. Definitely recommend to family road warriors - will keep for 200K+ miles & give to the kids fro safe transport.

Perfect family car
By ransom on 09/10/06 17:24 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love my Pilot.Perfect for the children, they love the Dvd system. Electrical outlets for all the portable electronics. No problems with anything mechanical.

Love the Pilot
By Bart on 07/07/06 19:59 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my '04 EXL-Nav w/ 22K miles in immaculate condition. The ride is very smooth and quiet for an SUV. I've always been a car guy, but I'm very happy with the Pilot. There are a few interior rattles but they're bearable. I was impressed the first time I punched it getting into traffic - it really moves for a truck that size. I test-drove several mid-size SUVs, but the Pilot outmatched them all in almost every category, and hey - it's a Honda!