2004 Honda Pilot Consumer Reviews 55

2004 Honda Pilot - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

2004 Pilot Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
2004 Pilot Great Car
By wayoway

2004 Honda Pilot EX 4WD 4dr SUV w/Leather, Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Pilot for 2004 is an improved version of the 2003 model. The leather seats and outside mirrors are now heated. It is powerful, accelerates and brakes well, and steers easily. The new smart air bags are standard, and it gets a very good safety rating. The navigation system is easy to use. Holds up to 100 personal addresses - use them for destinations; for instance to easily return home after a cross- country trip. The voice prompts are nicely tied into your location and give count downs to a turn. Much better than the portable navigators. My 2004 was discounted $1700 off MSRP!

Favorite Features

Navigator great. Dark blue color has nice pearly sheen. Powerful engine. The third seats easily fold completely down and out of sight. The second seat slides forward easily to allow passengers into the third seat. Dealer installed options, like fog lights and air deflector.

Suggested Improvements

Bring back the light blue color. Cargo net is one-sided - a net should have 2 sides to hold stuff. Cargo cover needs to be standard, not an option.

This Thing Rocks
By MasterOfPuppets

2004 Honda Pilot EX 4WD 4dr SUV w/Leather, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have only had this 2004 Pilot for 4 days. All I have to say is WOW. It drives so nicely and handles really well. I have had an explorer, outback, saturns, etc, and this SUV is by far the best I have had. I went with the DVD system instead of the navigation. I heard to many bad things about the Honda Nav system they put in the pilot. It is njot the same as the Accord nav system. the DVD sounds awesome and my son loves it. GO BYE THIS VEHICLE!!!

Favorite Features

Heated seats, DVD, 7 speaker with sub woofer system,8 seats, climate copntrol

Suggested Improvements

sell this SUV with a sunroof. mr honda what were you thinking when you said no sunroof. Other than that its PHAT

Worth the wait
By skid

2004 Honda Pilot EX 4WD 4dr SUV w/Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

As a first-time SUV buyer, I did alot of research to find the right one. From everything I read, the Honda Pilot was at the top of list, and it remained there after test driving many others. The 2004's were just arriving on the lots when I made my decision, but they were in short supply. It took awhile for mine to finally come in, but it was definitely worth the wait. If you're hesitant on which SUV to purchase, you can't go wrong with the Pilot - you won't be disappointed.

Favorite Features

I just love all the interior space, and the kids really like that third row seat (and so do we!). I'm impressed with the overall quality, and it drives quite nicely.

Suggested Improvements

I'm still getting used to the gearshift/wiper placements - there has to be a better way.

tyliyl
By kdgk

2004 Honda Pilot EX 4WD 4dr SUV w/Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

GREAT CAR, I LOVE IT!!!!!!

Let me be the first for one time
By sxz4871

2004 Honda Pilot EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Am I really the first? I finally got my 2004 Pilot a few days ago and it has been great. Honestly I haven't driven a lot so I can't really comment on the gas/mileage part. I haven't experienced any annoying noises that were reported by some other users, although I doubt they had made any changes in the new model (mostly luck I guess). It was well designed, very comfortable and great handling.

Favorite Features

The adjustable 2nd row seats was great, for anyone that uses the 3rd row seat, even just occasionally. That, along with other changes, made the $200 increase well worth spent.

Suggested Improvements

Sunroof maybe, if it doesn't reduce the safety...

First SUV, probably the last!
By VASteve

2004 Honda Pilot EX 4WD 4dr SUV w/Leather, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my 2004 Honda Pilot EXL w/DVD and absolutely love it. Fuel economy is great for a vehicle this size, V6 is strong, and handling is amazing. Turning radius exceptional, and brakes very firm. Interior has simply everything you want for a family vehicle including safety, entertainment, and comfort. A week after I bought the Pilot, I had to dash out of my city to flee from an impending Isabell with my family, pets, and luggage. After 330 miles of driving on congested, windy, and wet roads; I would drive nothing else. Overall, the 2004 Pilot EXL epitomizes the saying, "it ain't braggin if you can do it."

Favorite Features

So many to pick from! Let's see: Exceptional handling, highest overall safety ratings of any SUV, powerful V6, stereo and a half, and innovative extras on the inside.

Suggested Improvements

Add a full-size spare? How about coming down a little on some of the option costs: $199 for a cargo liner? $249 for a self-dimming mirror? I would honestly have spent more if I was getting more value!

sporty and affordable
By joeymac

2004 Honda Pilot EX 4WD 4dr SUV w/Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

the honda pilot is a very cozy and comforting car. as a wife and a mom the car is very convinient. it is very easy for me to put grocerys in the back,and to wash clothes. i would reccomend this car to any person to drive. i feel extremely safe in it.

Favorite Features

my favorite features in the suv is the power seats, heated seats, 3rd row, space in suv, radio and ac heater control, controls on steering wheel, anti lock brakes, ride really smooth, nice soft steering wheel, and great gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

i would suggest both front power seats, tow hitch, dual climate control, bigger wheels.

Its Greaaaaaaaaaaat!
By Pilot Man

2004 Honda Pilot EX 4WD 4dr SUV w/Leather, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just Purchased My Honda Pilot and man it is nice. It Drives like a car and has the room of a minivan. The third row seating is great and the DVD entertainment system is great for the kids. This car is a great buy. Deal was OK, not much off sticker but did get some. Glad I waited for the 2004 which includes Heated seats and mirrors.

Favorite Features

DVD entertainment system. Heated Seats and Mirrors.

Suggested Improvements

Navigation and DVD entertainment, Sunroof, remote hatch. Sleeker styling. But then it would be a MDX!