Used 2004 Honda Pilot SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Honda Pilot SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

04 Pilot
By ronp003

2004 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV w/Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

very easy to drive, great seats, plenty of interior room, not too big!

add moonroof and vehicle skid control as options

A Perfect Match
By tpitty

2004 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV w/Leather, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I found the car to be easy to handle and very user friendly-especially if you actually listen to the dealer when you are being shown the car. Our salesman (George)was very professional and did not do any of that "let me talk to my manager" bull. He fielded all questions very knowledgably and priced the car extremely competitive. We were impressed with him and are impressed with the car. You can't beat the resale or the satisfaction of reliability.

The kids love the DVD system with the wireless headphones. Plenty of storage room and we like how the 3rd row seat folds down into the floor. The console storage has tons of room, and hidden compartments. Very cool.

The only improvements I can think of off hand, is maybe make a hybrid version for better gas mileage.

T. Cravens 2004 pilot review
By t. cravens

2004 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

fuel economy could be better lacking power for jumping out in traffic great finger tip controls for the driver excellent dashboard display dvd player w/screen is a must with kids comes with wireless headphones

9 drink holders dvd/tv for kids 2nd row a/c control 3rd row seating that folds flat for hauling cargo wide wheel base, emergency 4x4 when needed

rear turn signals need to be yellow not red, they are hard to see day or night passenger side 2nd row single seat needs to be removeable for rear access

never disappointed in a Honda
By dana0212002

2004 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV w/Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I already own a 98 Accord, so when i was in the market to purchase an SUV, i naturally went back to a reliable Honda. I test drove the Pilot as well as a trailblazer, explorer, escalade, and denali. i was most impressed with the Piolt by its smoothe handling, flashy console, and great warrenty. though slightly more expensive then the other cars in its class, i have been completely satisfied since i purchased my Pilot.

center console

fuel effeciency

Best SUV
By jim572

The Honda Pilot is a great SUV with the ability to seat 8 people for short trips. It drives like a car and is easy for my wife to drive. It's obviously not for the off-road types, but if you're wanting to make a break from the mini-van scene and still maintain the features a family needs, this is the vehicle for you. Dads don't need to be embarassed driving it out with the guys. Best vehicle I've ever owned.

We love the comfortable interior and the kids love the DVD system. Makes long trips a lot easier. I never hear, Are we there yet? anymore.

Gas mileage is a big dissappointment, but you come to expect that with an SUV. Still for a 6cyl it reallys guzzles the gas.