2004 Honda Pilot - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:
Great Vehicle / Great Value
By Joeb on 10/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Pilot EX 4WD 4dr SUV w/Leather, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This by far is the best SUV in it's class. The second that i drove it i fell in love. It has more than enough room and power.

Honda Pilot EX n/leather
By tadreb on 10/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Pilot EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This cars handling with the widetrack and AWD has been good in wet and dry highway conditions. The widetrack has to be accomodated when garaging, it's wider than the Honda Accord 4 Dr. SE I had. The acceleration is quick with a pleasant exhaust sound as it goes through the gears. It easily passes on hte mountain passes going to and leaving Las Vegas Valley. There is power to spare while passing at 80 mph on I-15. I like the higher sitting possition over the Accord 4 Dr. SE.

The best SUV I have ever owned
By Kari on 10/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Pilot EX 4WD 4dr SUV w/Leather, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I researched Chevy, Ford, Toyota, Dodge and Honda to find the best SUV for our 7 person family. Our children range from 6 - 18 and the driveability, comfort, visability, handling were awesome. I drove each of them hard and the Honda Pilot out did them all. In fact 3 of my friends have since bought new Pilots as well!! Honda left no stone unturned when they made this SUV down to the dipping sauce holders!! Finally a SUV that understands and knows what mom want!!

Best Honda Vehicle Yet
By aadle on 10/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Pilot EX 4WD 4dr SUV w/Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I own a 1999 Honda Accord Coupe and just purchased the 2004 Pilot. The first thing I noticed i nthe Pilot was a prettier interior than most Honda's as well as better, more durable leather. The drive is great, enough power to pass as well as the smooth suspension. I rate the Honda Pilot above the Explorer and 4Runner based on value and comfort. The Pilot is very roomy and is maore spacious than the Toyota 4Runner & Sequoia as well as the Explorer. This is a keeper.

Pilot Owner
By BFab on 10/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Pilot EX 4WD 4dr SUV w/Leather, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased the Pilot last month, at this point it has surpassed ever our expectations. The comfort, handling, room and creature comforts are worth the price. We test drove and researched all competitors within the category and the Pilot surpassed all of them. Rear seat room has been expanded with the sliding second row benchseat. All is all, we would purchase it again.

Decent, Roomy SUV
By Bulldog04 on 10/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Pilot EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the Pilot because I occasionally need the function of a third row seat and I sought AWD for winter driving in the mountains. I looked at Toyota's '04 4Runner with the optional 3rd row seats and Ford's Explorer. I almost bought the Toyota but with the difference in interior room and better seating, the Honda seemed a better choice. The Explorer was a different story; I could not find one optioned the way I wanted and none of the dealerships I went to were interested in finding one. I am only into the 2nd week of ownership and so far fairly pleased.

AWESOME
By Greg , N.H. on 10/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Pilot EX 4WD 4dr SUV w/Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my wife a Sage 2004 Pilot with the Leather heated package. She was nervous about driving it home because she was not used to an SUV, now I can't get her out of the drivers seat...she is in LOVE!! Great vehicle, smooth ride, comfortable interior, HUGE amount of cargo space Perfect for any family...great job Honda!

I LOVE my Pilot
By lonestarcow on 09/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Pilot EX 4WD 4dr SUV w/Leather, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Extremely comfortable ride, not like truck based SUVs. Great Handling, I live way out in the country off a dirt rode prone to flooding and erosion and it handles great and feels great. Honda's usual very thoughtful interior design. Great room inside, but smaller than usual (for SUVS) exterior dimensions, which makes parking easy to handle.

Buy one and you won't regret it.
By larrykz on 09/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Pilot EX 4WD 4dr SUV w/Leather, Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my Honda Pilot EX with leather and the navigation system almost a year now and I can't say enough good things about it. It handles like a car in town and climbs like a cat off road. When I bought my Pilot I actually had to start up my old vehicle twice and get ready to pull out of the dealership before they ran out after me. With $1,800 worth of additional accessories over the sticker value of the car I ended up paying $500 over sticker for it which I thought was an excellent deal since I was reading of everyone paying $1,500 to $2,500 over sticker at the time. Go out and buy one and you won't regret it.

Love This Car/Truck
By aeye on 09/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Pilot EX 4WD 4dr SUV w/Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We looked at many AWD vehicles including Grand Cherokee, Liberty, Pathfinder and Saturn Vue. We test drove most and the Pilot felt great. We love the extra seating, but mostly the extra room with the rear seats down. Since we come from a van we feel we've given up nothing in cargo space. Love the Honda, had an Accord before and loved that too.