Used 2004 Honda Pilot SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Honda Pilot - Consumer Reviews

2004 Honda Pilot SUV

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

Most Helpful|
Great vehicle for the price!!!!
By cnb2606

2004 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV w/Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have about to complete 1000 miles on my 2004 Silver Honda Pilot. I went with running boards, cargo organizer and exshaut finishers as accesories. So far we are having a great expericence.

Favorite Features

Third row seat Smooth ride Auto HVAC Middle seats can be moved back & forth and reclined.

Suggested Improvements

Make the interrior a bit funky. Wouldn't mind a bit boost in HP and Torque. Better speakers. Tweak the driver's seat. I find the back of the seat bit awkward.

Honda SUV
By LAX

2004 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV w/Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Tested the Toyota Highlander and found the Pilot was more to the taste of what we were looking for. So far, so good but only have 10k miles on it. After 50k miles, then ask me. The light indicators on the center console are very dim to check if ingaged or not. Seating for eight---I'd like to see the how three will fit in the rear otherwise a good choice.

Favorite Features

Good stance for stability

Suggested Improvements

Light indicators on center console

Great SUV
By Crystal

2004 Honda Pilot SUV LX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We travel everywhere in the pilot with no worries. Great on gas and excellent on reliability. Very glad we bought this vehicle.

Favorite Features

Favorite feature would be the back seats folding down to give my dog room to travel with us.

Suggested Improvements

Suggested improvements would be making the gear shift move a bit more smoothly.

No Repairs Yet!
By Stacy H

2004 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car new. It has NEVER had a problem ( besides battery and brakes) I have 80,000 miles. I was hit by a Taurus, I got out of the Honda and could not see a dent, finally I saw it, only $900 to repair (Taurus totalled) These are great cars, mileage could be better, wind noise bad, great product.

Favorite Features

Seats, reliability, size, looks great after 5 years!

Suggested Improvements

Can't have the windows down due to vibration from wind. Gas tank too small, only 16 gallons.

Honda pilot transmission is horrible
By proudmom0507

2004 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV w/Leather, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

When I first bought it I loved it. But then soon after I had the transmission go out and after research found a recall on the transmission. Honda has not been helpful at all. Now I have to go pay 4000+ to get my car fixed although it should be their money paying for it since it was recalled. They said they fixed it by putting in an oil jet kit but it is far from fixed! Very disappointed! Also the drivers side seat gets very hot to the point where I start smelling my clothes almost burning! So much for heated seats when you cannot use them.

Favorite Features

DVD system

Suggested Improvements

Transmission is junk and heated seats need to not burn so much you are afraid of it starting a fire.