2004 Honda Pilot SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:
Awesome in all respects
By golfer1 on 11/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV w/Leather, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Did our research and it paid off. You can't beat the Pilot's quality per dollar spent with any SUV on the road. 70+ percent of the vehicle is an Acura MDX at more than $10,000 less the price. Although the vehicle may not turn a lot of heads as you drive down the road, from the interior you'll know you made the right decision. I don't ever remember driving a vehicle that feels more solid nor made me feel more safe.

Satisified Customer
By klc1923 on 11/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV w/Leather, Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my car for 6 weeks now and I love it. Pleasant buying experience and no regrets!

We love it!!!
By dmkdlk on 11/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

My husband says that this is the first car that he didn't minded paying for. It handles very well, has plently of room inside, is very attractive outside ( we bought the white one and added all the features). Our grandchildren love the DVd system--the grocery net actually works with ease. The third row seats go up and fold down effortlessly. We had a different SUV before the Honda Pilot and this car is in a different class. I have been driving it for almost 12 months and it still feels like a new car

Crash Survivor
By pray4me_99 on 11/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

We purchased our new Pilot with safety in mind when our new baby girl came into the world. We also have been long time Honda owners are are quite impressed with the reliability and service we have received. Recently, while heading home from working all night my husband nodded off at the wheel and we rolled our new Pilot twice. I am thankful to be able to be here to record this review and give top notch praise to Honda for the construction of this vehicle. My husband and I walked away with only minor scratches.

Not for comfort
By New Honda Owner on 11/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

The seats are not comfortable at all! The Seat cushions and covers have two heavy gauge metal rods in the middle of the seat that run across the thigh. You can feel them by pressing your fist down on the stitch line in the middle of the seat. These metal rods cut leg circulation. The window lock feature locks out the driver from control of the windows thus making the feature nearly worthless. The game goes like this; the kids lower the window, you lock them out, then you try to raise their window but you are locked out too. Lastly, the cross bars whistle when properly installed. The Pilot is a great SUV that drops the ball on the one yard line.

The Best all purpose SUV
By EAGLES on 11/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV w/Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought my 2004 Honda Pilot. I had a 2002 Ford Explorer 4x4 Limited (I hated it). The Ford was junk. The Honda Pilot is typical Honda. Well built, well engineered and I am confident that I won't be in the dealer every other week, as I was with the Ford. If you want a really good SUV, buy this vehicle. Most dealers get full MSRP. Don't worry, it is worth it and still less then equally equipped Ford, GMC, Toyota, etc. LOVE IT FOREVER.

very, very, very happy
By Joe D'aleo on 11/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

my 2003 Honda Pilot handles like a dream. It hugs the road on turns and bumpy roadways. Everyone that sits in my Pilot always comments on how comfortable it is and and nice it looks. Inside in spacious even for 6 above size adults. The exterior design to me is fantastic. I was rear ended by a dodge astro van and the front of his van, engine, radiator and trannie were destroyed. the only damage to my vehicle was the rear hatch door was slightly dented, my tail pipe was pushed all the way in and the tail lights broke and a slight bend in the rear quarter panels. All passengers in my vehicle were suprised also. it's a vehicle I'm proud of to drive.

Space to Spare
By paidskier on 10/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV w/Leather, Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Our Pilot was delivered with a deffective engine and after disputing our request for a replacement vehicle, Honda and the dealer provided us with an entirley new sample some 5 weeks later. Despite this poor start, we are impressed and extremely satisfied with the Pilot. With a family of six, the seating for 8 was a major plus on purchase. What impresses most after 11,000 miles is the comfort and spacious feel together with the responsive drive experience. Only con is serious off road use, don't plan to go there. Awaiting still an assessment of winter performance in the Sierras.

cmments
By lluon on 10/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV w/Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

-relatively hi quality built. -quiet & comfy ride.absorbs bumps big or small -very efficient interior design -very smooth tranny -top rate audio system(ex-l)conveniently located controls. -a bit noisy on coarse road.heated seats a little too slow to warm up compare to others.no dampening on glove compartment. -leather seats get worn too soon.

The Ideal SUV - Finally!
By derdman on 10/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

After searching for the ideal SUV - one that provided the combination of value, comfort, handling, and a smart interior layout - we have found the perfect vehicle. The Pilot was clearly the best value for the features, and the drive is clearly superior to any other mid- size SUV. This is the last SUV we test drove, and we didn't leave the dealership until we bought it. The Pilot provides a secure, tight feel when driving - it felt like we were riding in a luxury car, yet we have the space we need and the 4-wheel drive capabilities as an added benefit. We've been long-time Honda owners, so we took great comfort in buying our first SUV under the Honda brand.