2004 Honda Pilot SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:
I can't find a thing wrong
By Paul Mon on 06/29/07 10:05 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Like most Hondas you have to be very picky to find something not to your liking. I have now owned my Pilot over 3 years and still enjoy driving it. I can do all of the routine maintenance myself thanks to online resources.

First Class Vehicle
By Robert Douglas on 06/19/07 12:11 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought our Pilot new and have been extremely satisfied with it. It rides very smoothly and is very comfortable on long trips. Our maintenance costs have been minimal. I definitely intend to buy another Pilot.

Honda Pilot saved my life
By Adam45 on 04/25/07 14:42 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

When we (my family) first got this vehicle, we loved it and thought it was great. It did everything it needed to do and did it well. This winter during a snow storm, we got into an accident. No one even got a scar. The Pilot is being fixed right now and the repairmen told us that the car did very well. Although the cost was moderately high, our insurance covered it and we already get a discount due to its safety. We are Honda fans and we love our car. Although the exterior design is not great, it causes the interior to be very functional.

Quality and Affordability
By raf23 on 04/12/07 07:28 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my Pilot for 3 years and my wife and I couldn't be happier with it. It has never been serviced for anything other than scheduled maintenance. Plenty of passenger and cargo room. We drove it to Maine the first year we had it, which was a 10 hour drive. I drove almost the whole way and I have never been more comfortable in a vehicle than with the Pilot. I'm very impressed with the quality of this vehicle, with ample features for around $30k brand new.

2004 Plot EX-L NAV
By 3rd Honda on 02/23/07 12:26 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

So far, this is the best vehicle I've ever owned. I love it! It's comfortable on long drives. The mileage is reasonable for the size and power. There is plenty of people room with the 3rd row--Honda says it seats 8, but 7 adults are comfortable. If a child is the eighth passenger, you'd be okay. The only problem with the 3rd row seat, is that eats up 85% of the luggage space. You wouldn't want to subject anyone to the 3rd row for a road trip anyway.

Not Great, just Good
By morgan007 on 02/19/07 17:19 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Don't get me wrong, the Pilot is an excellent vehicle. This is my 6th Honda product and could be the best to date. At the top of the list of attributes is value. You get more for your money and you know its a reliable vehicle. When I place the key in the ignition it will start. Sounds simple, but that doesn't happen with all vehicles. I owned a Ford before and it left me stranded on more than one occasion. We added an aftermarket hitch and hauled a trailer with no problem. The plastics are a little hard and the leather isn't the softest, but still a very good grade on the interior. A big minus is gas mileage and style. I'm considering the GMC Arcadia, but I love Honda value.

Love our Pilot
By nd honda fan on 02/19/07 11:11 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have loved our Pilot from Day 1. It has been fun to drive and the AWD has been great in the winter. We love the space we have, especially for road trips. We've also found that we can fit a twin size bed, with box spring and frame, inside when we fold down all of the seats! It has been very reliable and we've only done routine maintenance. We had driven a newer Expedition before buying the Pilot and feel like we have more interior room and a less boxy vehicle. We'd recommend it to anyone!

Nice truck!
By RAY KULINSKI on 01/27/07 16:27 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

THIS HAS BEEN A VERY GOOD TRUCK SO FAR. No major problems. Oil, gas that's it!! I pull a 19 ft boat in the summer and this has plenty of power and is quiet and smooth.

"Simplify" with perfect reliability!
By Texasmcallister on 01/04/07 20:33 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

It is refreshing to get back to owning Hondas...just now recovering financially from owning 1996 Dodge Caravan, and 2000 Volkswagens. Although our Odyssey was nice and convenient, we needed a super durable vehicle for our bad roads-the Pilot has been just that! (Knocking on wood) After 72,000 miles on Texas Hill Country roads (and "off" roads), our Pilot has batted 1000 on reliability and durability. Good luck on finding one lightly used...this one is a keeper!

Best SUV we ever owned.
By AJnMA on 01/01/07 14:27 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is clearly the best SUV that we ever owned. Over the last 16 years we have owned over 30 cars and this is probably the best one overall of all the vehicles. When it comes to SUVs no other beats it. We have had a Durango, Liberty, Passport (both Honda and Isuzu version and CRV (2x). This is the best mix of style, room and functionality that an SUV can have. The third row pulls out easily for when the in-laws come over or the seats fold flat for the runs to the dump. Our Durango spent more time in the shop than on the road so this has been pleasant to fill and go with the regularly scheduled oil change and maintenance. Handles like a dream, even in the rough New England winters.