2004 Honda Pilot - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:
Still great after 8 years and over 200k miles
By ldd12 on 01/18/12 13:59 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Pilot EX 4WD 4dr SUV w/Leather, Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My 2004 Pilot EXL is still great after 8 years and over 200,000 miles. I bought it in spring of '06 when it had 50k miles, so someone before me drove a lot, too. I've not had all the issues I've read about, but I don't abuse the vehicle. I get oil changes every 5-6k miles, but do spread out the scheduled maintenances and fluid changes a bit more due to quickly rolling up highway miles. My Pilot replaced a Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4 that had the gas-guzzling 5.2 liter V8. The main reason I replaced the JGC was due to terrible gas mileage (9-15) and slipping transmission. I've not had any transmission issues with my Pilot, but I don't abuse it, either!

Still love my Pilot after 6 months
By misswater on 11/16/04 15:18 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Pilot EX 4WD 4dr SUV w/Leather, Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great SUV, more comfortable than 2004 Toyota Highlander. I made right choice.

great engineering
By dykhuis on 11/16/04 15:14 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Pilot EX 4WD 4dr SUV w/Leather, Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The fit and finish is the best of any SUV/Van I have owned. There are no rattles and squeeks. Lots of interior flexibility/space for large or small families. Sharp turning radius comes in handy for tight parking spots. Climbs over hills/mountains effortlessly with 255 HP engine.

Enjoyable SUV
By Lanie on 09/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Pilot EX 4WD 4dr SUV w/Leather, Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my Pilot first the get-go. It is fun to drive, seats the kids and dogs and groceries and whatever I pick up during the day. The GPS could be better, more detailed. The MPG is NOT the advertised MPG I get...I get much less. Wish I could have gotten the GPS and the DVD system together...wanted Honda to add DVD on but they said no go.

I love my pilot
By Steven323 on 09/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Pilot EX 4WD 4dr SUV w/Leather, Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is one of the best riding most confortable cars I've ever been in. It's got a very smooth ride that you really can see when you drive over bumps or tracks. The interior is extremely friendly and convienent to the driver. The passenger seating is also very confortable. The center cosole with power outlets inside the cosole allows the phone to charge while out of sight. 4 power outlets throughout. Interior lighting great for all passengers individually. Rear seat (for 3) folds completely away easily for increase storage space. Visibility is excellent in all directions. I love my Pilot!!

Good, not great
By iambat on 09/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Pilot EX 4WD 4dr SUV w/Leather, Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent Honda reputation, questionable ergonomics. Uncomfortable drivers seat. Steering wheel position and driver's seat hard to match for comfort. Small radio/cd buttons on dash, steering wheel controls seem lilke afterthoughts, not as user friendly as controls in new Accord. Great drivetrain, confidence building trip through the Deleware Gorge in the rain, filled the back with antiques and a dog, got 20 mpg over 900 miles. The Nav comes only with continental USA software.

Taha's pilot
By Taha Hameduddin on 08/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Pilot EX 4WD 4dr SUV w/Leather, Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

It is a really fun car...its really spacious and really fun to drive... the 4WD works excellent

A garage saler's DREAM VEHICLE!
By Mallow1 on 08/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Pilot EX 4WD 4dr SUV w/Leather, Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We've driven this 5,000 miles so far, and are very pleased with the Pilot. The only problems so far are the uncomfortable headrests, and the fact that the seats don't recline fully as they do in a Dodge Caravan. We bought Honda for its name, though, because we've had good luck with them in the past - our 1991 Honda Accord has 250,000 miles on it and is still going strong!

Loved it so much Bought a 2004 also !
By Bancard on 08/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Pilot EX 4WD 4dr SUV w/Leather, Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My wife drove mine and was so utterly impressed with styling, comfort, ergonomics and options, that she bought a new one in 2004. Have a Porsche Cabriolet 2003 and a MBZ 55 AMG 2004...but we love our Pilots just as much! Crazy but true. Great all around vehicle for moving things from family to bulky items (plenty of storage room) in style and great driving comfort. Easy over the bumps and much roomier than Toyota or the American SUV's.

Disapointed in the Honda Pilot Quality
By LanceFox on 08/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Pilot EX 4WD 4dr SUV w/Leather, Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

In the last 12 months I have had my Honda Pilot in to replace the rear drive unit (entire axle), rear spoiler (missing gasket and radio (broken cd button). We have always been a Honda familty but this latest round of Honda Quality has been very dissapointing. It is no wonder that Honda has slipped in thier overall consumer quality ratings (at first I did not belive this). In addition, the Navigation system has very few roads when compared to the Hertz Neverlost System (available in rental cars)and other OEM products. We are at the point where we believe that the premium we paid for the Honda name was not worth it when compared to other vehicles.

1 2 3 4 5 next »