2004 Honda Pilot - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:
Seven years and counting!
By shaymilr on 10/28/11 15:10 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Pilot LX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I highly recommend this vehicle! I bought the Pilot new and have driven it now for a little over 7 years and 90k miles. Every time I get behind the wheel I catch myself thinking, "I love this car." The vehicle has been so reliable and trouble-free. I also can't get over the comfort of the seats and the great visibility while driving. My college daughter needs a car now and on one hand I think I should pass the Pilot along to her but on the other hand, how can I let it go when I love it so much?!

Built for Colorado
By Rockies on 03/27/10 16:45 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Pilot LX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Can you say altitude, sun, rain, snow and more sun! This basically describes one spring day in CO. The Pilot masterfully handles all of these elements and delivers a consistent high quality performance. We bought our first Pilot in 2004 - an LX. We put Michelin LX M/S tires on and enjoyed the ride of our lives. During back road driving in the Christmas blizzard of 2009 in Texas, the Pilot delivered everything our family needed. We locked in the four-wheel drive and toured some snowy farm roads on the way to the hotel- picking up a family of four stuck in their two-wheel drive. We bought a 2006 EXL -more Michelin tires and the freak blizzard in Denver last Tuesday was cake. Love this SUV!

Amazing!
By Happy Honda Owner on 07/20/09 16:47 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Pilot LX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my Pilot for 8 months now and I love it. It's clean, comfortable, resourceful, and well built. I have not had any problems whatsoever. It is the smoothest drive and has lots of room, more than a Jeep Grand Cherokee. It's great for traveling, camping, fishing, family and more. Everything is durable and well put together, even the engine looks clean and easy to work on if necessary. I would recommend this vehicle to everyone. I haven't been so satisfied with my car like this ever. Before I owned 2 VW Jettas and had nothing but problems and I have never been happier with my Pilot.

One Day and lovin it
By lovin it on 07/12/08 22:29 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Pilot LX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my Pilot for 1 day i brought it at Honda east. It is certified and has a 7 year 100,000 mile warranty. Great on gas. had 50,500 miles when i brought it. My kids love the 3rd row seat. The trunk is really small when the third row seat is up. Very spacey and reliable.

Should have bought one sooner.
By MEM, Hamilton NJ on 06/26/08 20:46 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Pilot LX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Previously owned two Hondas (Civic and Accord). Had the Accord for 14.5 years with 165,000 miles. Took a break for a few years from Honda but recently purchased a certified used 2004 Honda Pilot. Love it! Glad to be back in the Honda family!

Disappointed
By Karl on 11/06/06 09:51 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Pilot LX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Researched and test drove the 2003, but waited for the 2004 in hope of Honda removing any bugs. At 19,000 miles the radiator had to be replaced due to a split seam. At 20,186 the ECT sensor was replaced. At 20,300 the thermostat was replaced. At 22,495 the fuel pump/filter assembly was replaced. At 23,500 the PCM was replaced. The the fuel injectors were replaced during same service visit. The vehicle is in the dealership (not the one purchased from) having the head gaskets replaced. This is the seventh trip to the same dealership to repair the check engine light and VTM- 4 light on. We have the technology to put a man on the moon and safely return him but I can't get my car fixed.

MK HONDA
By melrcl45 on 10/17/06 07:51 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Pilot LX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

A very competent auto. The front and rear seating positions "feel" large and spacious. Very comfortable for an SUV, smooth and quite at highways speeds, but still, not a car. Average gas usage overall is 14-17 range. Never more that 19 on a long trip. Next time, I'll be looking for better gas mileage. No daytime running lights- except manually on. Overall- very satisfied.9+

Great SUV
By Crystal on 06/04/06 21:27 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Pilot LX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We travel everywhere in the pilot with no worries. Great on gas and excellent on reliability. Very glad we bought this vehicle.

Love my honda pilot
By Moises on 05/06/06 19:22 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Pilot LX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I got a pilot for the the third row seat, but after driving it, i knew it was the right pick. The way it drove it was awesome. Will buy another one in a heart beat. Might not have the looks but I love it the same. Once you drive it you see why it is the one for you.

Pilot 04
By pilot0508 on 10/07/05 11:42 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Pilot LX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Pilot drives like the Accord. It is easy to handle, and has a smooth ride (not bouncy like other SUV's). We've purchased other SUV's in the past that were difficult to drive over 60 on the interstate. The Pilot manages easy and is enjoyable to drive.