2003 Honda Pilot 3.5L V6 AWD 5-speed Automatic w/ Leather Consumer Review - Saved My Husband's Life

2003 Honda Pilot - Consumer Review

EX 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 AWD 5-speed Automatic w/ Leather)

Saved My Husband's Life
By KenziesMom on

2003 Honda Pilot EX AWD 4dr SUV w/ Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My husband bought me a 2003 Honda Pilot EXL for Mother's day. We had just had a baby and I was driving a 2002 Mustang and needed something I felt would be safer. We had no major problems. The engine mounts had to be replaced and the transmission was beginning to act a little squirrelly. However, my husband wrecked it before we were able to get the transmission checked out. He fell asleep behind the wheel on the way home from work (oil field) and went off into a steep ditch hitting a concrete embankment which caused the Pilot to roll twice landing upside down when finished. My husband was not buckled and ended up in the back by the cargo door. He WALKED away with NO INJURIES. Thank you Honda!

Favorite Features

Safety, Exterior Look, Seating Capacity, Spacious interior, Excellent a/c and heating. Just about everything is perfect.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage would be nice. But that wouldn't prevent me from buying one again. I might just end up buying the 2010 model!