Used 2003 Honda Pilot Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Honda Pilot - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

Great Vehicle
By Robert Rodden

2003 Honda Pilot EX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I tested every SUV in its class (Highlander, 4 Runner, Envoy, Rendevous) and the Pilot was the superior value. It is a great vehicle. Everyone that rides in it comments on how smooth and comfortable it is.

Power seats, cup holders, cell phone holder.

The garage door opener buttons are too small and should be lit so they can be found easier in the dark. The radio and cruise control buttons on the steering wheel should also be lit for easier use in the dark.

My only problem
By brunerp

2003 Honda Pilot EX AWD 4dr SUV w/ Leather and Navigation System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love the performance of the Pilot; I also like the navigation system. The only problem, so far, is the paint job, especially on the front bumper. It actually rubbed off when I brushed (not crashed into) a snow bank. Other points on the front of the car show that the paint appears to be coming off (not because of dings). Off course I had to paint to have the bumper repainted at the dealership. Other than that, I love it.

The ease of driving, handling, smoothness. I am 6'5" and it is the most comfortable vehicle I have ever owned. The AWD performed well in our recent Atlantic Coast snow storm (24+ inches.

PAINT JOB, PAINT JOB, PAINT JOB.

Honda Vet moves to SUV
By rave

2003 Honda Pilot EX AWD 4dr SUV w/ Leather and Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I did my share of research for a well priced SUV that could provide a good value & resale value as well. It ended up right under our nose. The Honda Pilot. The Pilot has everything that I believe an average SUV buyer could want. The colors & interior options are great as well. I love everything about it. We owned a Pontiac Grand Prix GTP & it got 25mpg easy. I haven't gotten to that point yet with our Pilot. But it's new so I'm optomistic.

DVD player, center console is great, styling.

Heated seats & mirros (this option IS available North of the border...why not here!) A memory setting for seats would also be a plus. A sunroof would be a nice touch. I think they could work on the mileage a little as well.

Good SUV but improvements needed.
By the rod!

2003 Honda Pilot LX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Reliable SUV as expected from Honda. Good design. Acceptable interior. Fell short on the 3rd row seat design (not for humans!). Lack of standard "features" such as keyless remote entry. I'm willing to sacrifice the aluminum wheels (look) for convenience features.

Reliability. Good idea with the extra 3rd row but came in short! Good interior design - not flashy but does not have the "cheap" plastic look like many GM cars/trucks.

High center of gravity (higher than Toyota Highlander) & high risk of roll over! Poor mileage. Noisy interior. Lack of std features like keyless entry/tinted glass. Try to make 7-8 seaters like 2004 Toyota Sienna! Stop ealers from marking up price (i.e. ripping off loyal consumers).

Going Piloting
By cweave02

2003 Honda Pilot EX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

A dream to drive!