Used 2003 Honda Pilot Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Honda Pilot - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

Pilot is well rounded SUV
By 3x27

2003 Honda Pilot EX AWD 4dr SUV w/ Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I can't say enough about the Pilot. It meets all our needs and then some. It is an urban vehicle and a traveling vehicle. It is comfortable on long drives and nimble enough for city driving. The amenities are plentiful for cost and the quality is great. There are a few minor problems with some of the Pilots out there according to other owners (mine seems to have less than others)but for a first year model, it is the least problematic than any domestic vehicle I have owned. Honda has won me over with the Pilot.

Overall ride, comfort, handling, room, versatility.

Honda could have offered a sunroof, heated seats in America, better tires,traction control, positional second row seats. Additionally a better position for the shift selector.

First evaluation
By Al Wiggins

2003 Honda Pilot EX AWD 4dr SUV w/ Leather and Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great experience driving and comfort on road and in town. Great vehilcle for transporting three grandchildren,especially with DVD entertainment system.

room, easy to drive, responsive to acceleration, and steering.Seats and leg room are comfortable

The buttons located on the steering for cruise control and radio are open at the bottom and catch on fingers when turning the steering wheel. the buttons should be made solid or completed at the bottom to not have sharp edges on outer side at the bottom.

No Regrets
By App

2003 Honda Pilot EX AWD 4dr SUV w/ Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I'm prorating the yearly mileage as I have only got 5000 on the odometer at this point. The Pilot still has the fit and finish it did when I drove it off the lot. From a very unpractical point of view, my favorite "feature" of this rig is that I don't see myself coming and going when I'm on the road. It's nice being a little unique.

Smart interior design, comfortable seating, and spacious.

none

Great Value
By bdunne

After some initial problems - headliner, ps noise, rear suspension noise - this car has been flawless. Love the roominess of the interior. For the money, an excellent value.

Interior room, visibility

Factory fog lights, sunroof, better sound system, brighter back-up lights, heated seats and power foldable side mirrors(this car is wide!!)

Best SUV in USA
By crbandrlb

2003 Honda Pilot EX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Very sure footed vehicle,better gas mileage than most other suvs,hauls very heavy/large loads better than my pathfinder,(it doesn't squat down with heavy loads). very wide and roomy inside for larger people,awsome sound system with the bass woofer in the rear, best console design I've ever seen in a vehicle,lots of power outlets,

gas mileage,comfortable seats,actually fun to drive,It gives you driving confidence, large load carrying capability

needs improvement on wind noise and small creeking sounds,needs option to remove 3rd row seats and let 2nd row seats slide back more.