2003 Honda Pilot - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:
Good but not for the markup
By Min-Hsien Wang on 06/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Pilot EX AWD 4dr SUV w/ Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Pilot is a good car if in the MSRP. With markup range from $2,000 to $4,000, it justifies another look of MDX. A little bumpy on highway even the road is not that bad. A little crowded for a family of six.

Off /road Machine
By bbnet on 06/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Pilot EX AWD 4dr SUV w/ Leather and Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just did initial 600 mile test run in Mts. of Western North Carolina. Very smooth on highway, a little too much body roll in curves(used to bimmer) This is a serious off-road vehicle , It was toe to toe with a landcruiser but the Honda was much more smooth. Great fun and comfort off road. With DVD, the ultimate small family machine. For now,the havasu blue , one of the best looking vehicles on the road today.

A booming double - just misses being HR
By dodo_2k on 06/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

Solid construction. Great standard feature set (ABS, Four wheel drive, 5 speed trans, leather, lots of cup holders, lights for everybody, 3 point seatbelts for everybody ...) Solid muscular look. 240 HP very powerful and responsive engine. tight drive. Decent fuel. A great 5 seater with the convenience of occasionally carrying 8 people.

WHAT'S NOT TO LOVE?
By kigasman on 06/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

My wife talked me into getting a practical car. I was very sceptical being used to BMW or AUDI--but I just grow to love it more and more. Great power, decent handling, supurb layout of gages and controls. To be fair I only have 400 miles on it but there is NOTHING I wish was different yet, exccpt maybe a stiffer suspension. My son can't rave enough about the DVD and rear stereo options. We used to never take my BMW 750il as a family, we always took the surburban--now we only use this thing!! Thanks Honda!!

Awesome !
By RKD on 06/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Pilot EX AWD 4dr SUV w/ Leather and Navigation System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I put down $500 for the yet to be named Honda SUV 6 months ago. Seldom are expectations met to this degree!!! Finally, car peope and truck people can both agree that this is one awesome SUV. The quality is fantastic, drives as a truck but ride is like a car, value for money in even paying MSRP is just great (don't believe all the people poo-pooing the missing sunroof - thats a $1,000 saved in my opinion). My dealer tells me in three months they expect a 12-18 month wait list !

After 1st week
By Sandherc on 06/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Pilot EX AWD 4dr SUV w/ Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Pilot is an attractive, versatile "suburban" SUV, geared for highway/city travel. It is larger than most in the mid-size class. It has a car-like turning radius & great pickup. Honda has added so many "little features", like shoulder straps for middle passengers, lots of cargo net hooks, hidden storage, 4 power outlets, 9 beverage holders, storage compartments everywhere. Have not yet tried 4WD feature. Have not travelled in rear seats.

Family Vehicle
By AKAY on 06/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

Great Vehicle for family outings. Children love the entertainment system. Getting to the third row seat may be difficult for adults, should be ok for kids though. Good job as usual, Honda!

Got a steal of a deal
By Eric the Desert Rat on 06/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Pilot EX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Similar to the Acura MDX which I drove before the Pilot came out. The Pilot is a very easy to drive SUV with just some small nit picks about it. Got mine for STICKER with no premium on it. I picked my Red one on Saturday June 8th and then drove it 272 miles back home. All the local dealers are putting a 4000-8000 premium on the cars out here.

The Ultimate *Suburban* Utility Vehicle
By sanesmith on 06/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

Owned for about 1 week now - 500 miles. Paid MSRP plus 'no choice' options I negotiated to my satisfaction, bringing cost to 35K w/o tax. Kids love it - the DVD player is fabulous and well thought out w/ dual zone audio and wireless headphones. The seat/storage configuration flexiblity and ease of use make this a monster of a family SUV. For moving humans, groceries, and all stuff of life, this is the best Suburban Utility Vehicle now available IMHO.

breaking in a new vehicle
By kevy on 06/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Pilot LX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I waited 1 year for this SUV and i think it was well worth it. It drive's like a "mom's car"; soft, quiet, etc and has all the utility features of a minivan. i'm not sure about reliability because, right off the lot, rear heating didn't work and one of the front vent broke off. other than than, i get the feeling that the car is well built all around, typical of honda. my thumb is up and we(my relatives) are getting 3 more of these suvs.