Used 2003 Honda Pilot Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Honda Pilot - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

Versatile Family Mover
By golfer1

2003 Honda Pilot EX AWD 4dr SUV w/ Leather and Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I own both 2003 Pilot and MDX. While Pilot is bulkier in size and handling it is also a softer ride and has superior ergodynamics. MPG is a bit disappointing especially when your loaded up on those ski trips but it has plenty of get up and go. I've had tough time selling mine and trade in is tough with dealers(I was given MDX as part of new job).

DVD Entertainment system and ample cup holders. Leather seating is high quality. Highway cruising is smooth.

Make middle seats adjustable to allow for more seating in rear. Heated seats and mirrors should be standard in US models too given winter conditions.

Good, but...
By JLarry

2003 Honda Pilot EX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Owner’s man needs to correct grammar & errors like use dishwash det to wash car & failure to note only elec spray to clean clear plastic. Manual should say replace fuel vapor canister every 50K mi & gas tank not go below 1/4 so no overheat. Needs: timing chain rather than timing belt, split tailgate design, tailgate window to roll up/down, rear seats to adjust & recline, telescoping steering wheel, 42V elec sys, sun roof, compass where outside temp is, 7 yr/100K war, frt & rear side air curtains, color- match metal door-edge guards & elec tire pres monitor sys like Corvette has & govt will mandate soon.

I certainly am glad that the Pilots produced for the American market do not have daytime running lights, 66 inch track should give a good rollover potential rating when NHTSA does its dynamic rollover test, fit and finish are quite good, well thought out accoutrements and ergonomics.

Doors, parking brake arm have sharp places. Rt-hand seat belt buckle in 3rd row vibrates the plastic when audio is up. Noisy when rear windows down and front up. TSB Eng Cyl block oil leaks 9- 02 notes, “Cast alum eng block may be porous at front, middle or rear.” Honda fix: welding!

Honda does it again
By DO Ridgefield

Forget all your preconceived notions of Honda and test drive the Pilot before you buy any other midsize SUV. The ride, interior finish and cabin space are tops. Do your homework and you'll find that no other car company offers anything close to what Honda's offering at this price. Add Honda's reputation for reliability and it's a no brainer. We have two kids so we added the DVD system and it's worth every penny. Honda had families in mind when they developed this SUV and they nailed it.

DVD system, Quiet ride, leather seats, smoothest transmission I've ever driven

Better tires and a toggle on the gas cap

2003 Honda Pilot, the best vehicle
By thezmann76

2003 Honda Pilot EX AWD 4dr SUV w/ Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am very happy with the new pilot and would recommend it to anyone. It suroasses all of it's competition with flying colors. I currently have 24000 miles on it and have had no problems whatsoever. Thank you Honda!

240 hp v6 and car like ride

heated seats and a moon roof then you'll have the perfect vehicle

Isn't She Lovely
By GO EEZY

I was trying to buy something else and When I finally had enough of being treated like an idiot,I went to the dealership next door. The Pilot was Consumer Reports #1 pick for mid-size SUV. Jeremy showed me how everything was reconfigured inside to make room for some new things,like a real holder for your cell phone & charger,a business card holder & a place for an actual pen! Cup holders & hidden storage galore! The car drove like I was literally riding on a cloud,(maybe that's why they called it the Pilot?) and that's coming from the pot-hole capital of the world!(New Jersey)We love our Pilot,and the wonderful people at DCH Kay Honda in Eatontown!

#1 the ease of driving it~smooth turns and steady handling #2visibility~I am 5'2" and have no problem whatsoever seeing all the way around the car, even while backing up #3ability to fit 7 passengers, (plus myself)

I do miss my heated seats, and I think I would like the door handles in white (the same color as the car) instead of black.