2003 Honda Pilot SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:
Worth The Wait
By Beantowner on 06/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Pilot SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV w/ Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After almost purchasing a Toyota Highlander last year, I held out waiting for the Pilot. Boy, am I glad I did! I have driven a CR-V since 1998, and this is by far an unbelievable change. Some local dealers were charging MSRP plus forced options packages with a dealer markup of over 300% over Honda's suggested installed prices! I shopped around and found a dealer that would let me actually "choose" the options I wanted and they didn't inflate the price. (Honda North in Danvers, MA)

Super SUV
By Jackson on 06/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Pilot SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV w/ Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

It took a while but Honda really got it right with the Pilot. Forget about Explorer and Trail Blazer, this Honda SUV has got the right stuff and the quality missing in Ford or Chevy.

Great vehicle
By bengelking on 06/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Pilot SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV w/ Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had it for 2 weeks now with 700 miles under my belt and it's fantastic.

Best SUV out there!
By cabrandy on 06/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Pilot SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV w/ Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

What a great alternative to the mini- van and Suburban! Just got back from a family fly fishing trip to Montana and the Pilot performed flawlessly. We got 22-23 MPG, just like we're supposed to. It drives like a car, great turning radius, quiet, and stable. The V6 accelerates well, even at freeway speeds. We got aftermarket leather - better quality and it cost us less. We also got aftermarket DVD player and flipdown monitor and saved about $1,000 for a bigger screen and better unit.

We like our Pilot
By djtommy on 06/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Pilot SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV w/ Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My family of four took delivery of our new Pilot on June 10 and we've put about 600 miles on it since. We had looked seriously at the Acura MDX and decided for the price of a used MDX we could get a new Pilot. The Pilot feels very similar to the MDX. I recently had to do some serious and quick steering to avoid a sports car that was trying to share the lane with me and I was very pleased with the Pilot's response. Fit and finish is quite good. There is plenty of room in the front for my 6.4 foot friend. Middle seats roomy as well. It's nimble around town. This is great alternative to minivans and huge SUVs.

All that glitters is not gold!!
By seanyoun on 06/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Pilot SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV w/ Leather and Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Be aware if you plan on purchasing this car. You will be forced to buy options at a very highly inflated rate (running boards 1k, fog lights $800, bumper garnish $900). I went into 3 dealerships and none of them would move an inch off the msrp. In fact, msrp was untouchable plus they make you purchase 2 or three options and by the time you're done haggling, you will most likely pay $35-36k if you're lucky. Other than that, the car itself is a nice ride overall. The only gripe is that the car is so plain looking.

pilot
By troy long on 06/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

What a ride! another homerun for honda! quiet,smooth,roomy,fast,

Pilot - Detail to Engineering
By wandering69 on 06/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Pilot SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Everything from design to build quality is typical Honda excellence (I also own a CR-V). Practically no detail was overlooked. The EX is great value for those priced out of the Acura MDX. Why pay for a name... when 67% of the parts between the 2 vehicles are common?

Fun and Fast
By EF on 06/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Pilot SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV w/ Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Not your usual SUV. Build strong but drives like a tight sedan. Corners nice and has great pick up. Very Pleased with my first Honda!

2003 Honda Pilot
By M. J. Hunt on 06/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Pilot SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Best all-around value for midsize SUV's. Honda has a definite winner here!