2003 Honda Pilot SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:
The best suv
By robert adochio on 08/07/05 10:41 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Pilot SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

i initially considered toyota highlander,lexus 300,4 runner, envoy and acura mdx. thought the acura was the best. this car is the mdx for $10,000 less.after 80,000 mi. i couldn't be happier. reliable, comfortable and fast. (kept up with my boxter in acceleration with my wife driving). i've replaced the tires and brake pads, the inside front door handles and changed the oil, that's all the maintenance. not a squeak from the interior and it pulled me out of a 31 inch snowfall in 4 whl low.i will buy this model again.

I love the Pilot!
By northeast_driver on 07/28/05 09:51 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Pilot SUV LX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love my Pilot for many reasons: great in snow/bad weather, decent fuel economy for an suv (18.5/22 mi/gal), takes regular gas, powerful, accelerates easily, very spacious, many storage compartments, comfortable interior, easy to handle (turn and park), good visibility, no problems so far. Everybody who gets in the car loves it as well. A great buy!

Reliable, Well Engineered, but boring
By Fred on 07/16/05 11:45 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Pilot SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the Honda for the ability to car pool kids, take road trips, great value and to know that I have a very reliable vehicle that wont cost me much to maintain. I have not been disappointed. I knew that I was buying a boring SUV in terms of style and performance. Of course, I have typically owned BMW's but the X5 only seats 5. Plus, I would have had to buy a three year old X5 for the price of a new Pilot. A no brainer. I drive my 10 year old BMW 318 ic to work and for fun! The Pilot comes out on the weekends and the evenings when car pools are in order. I highly recommend the Pilot, but dont expect to take those corners at 80. PS:gas mileage has been disappointing 15-16 mixed

Excellent Choice
By Great Vehicle by RS on 07/12/05 21:37 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Pilot SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Before purchasing the Pilot, I leased the RX300. The Pilot rides almost as nice as the Lexus. The Pilot is great in the snow and very comfortable on long trips. The NAV works great and is easy to use. The only item that required replacement was a burned out headlight bulb after 50000 miles. I would definetely purchase this vehicle again.

Good purchase
By David on 06/29/05 17:36 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Pilot SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

All around good vehicle, 4WD works great in snow, gas mileage is about 20. Has area between front seats that collect trash and its almost impossible to clear. The good news is that you can't see this trash unless you know exactly where to look. Would be my first pick if I were looking for a small SUV.

smooth ride and fun in snow
By alleys on 05/30/05 11:05 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Pilot SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

have enjoyed this vehicle. Haven't had to do anything other than change the oil. I did out Michelins on it at 35k miles because the factory tires were humming. lots of fun driving in the snow this winter. Very reliable vehicle and vitrually no maintenance

I love my Pilot
By AnnaB on 04/08/05 16:55 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Pilot SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in my 850 Volvo Wagon for the Pilot - I can't believe how much more I enjoy the car. The space is great! All three kids can bring a friend and watch a movie while I can listen to whatever I want. It has 32k miles and not a single proble! Great Car!

50K and still good
By toddhopp on 04/08/05 11:25 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Pilot SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Having just re-read the long term test for the 2003 Pilot I wanted to relate my long term opinion. First, the Pilot was the family choice over a mini-van. It is used 60/40 for city/highway driving. It has been extremely reliable everyday. It hauls; 4 to 6 teens daily with backpacks, music instruments, ect. Bikes, sleds, and two retrievers on selected weekends. In other words this is the perfect urban/suburban vehicle. If you are researching the Pilot please read the long term test and you'll find that the 2005 Pilot corrects all of the negatives in the article. Coming out of the third northern Ohio winter with my 2003 Pilot, I wouldn't want any other SUV.

The Wait was Worth It!
By Rmartiz on 03/15/05 13:08 PM (PST)

2003 Honda Pilot SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Always wanted a Pilot but was unwilling to pay 'going price'...finally got used one with trade of CRV. Rides high and big like a truck which gives me an added sense of safety/security on these narrow mountain roads. Love the ride and handling. Storage compartments are very functional. Driver's seat with lumbar knob makes for VERY comfortable ride.

Other than the mileage.......
By kerrman47 on 03/04/05 21:15 PM (PST)

2003 Honda Pilot SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great vehicle. Driving it is fun....I feel safe, and it goes VERY well in snow. Bought the car used, was hesitant at first, but it was the right decision. Not very good on gas, and that is really the only drawback. Honda's certified used program is excellent. My wife has a CRV we bought new in 1999, has 67000 miles on it and it's been in for service once, and that was for brakes. I am a big Honda fan.