Used 2003 Honda Pilot SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Honda Pilot SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

1sthondaluvit
By pilotcopilot

2003 Honda Pilot SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Have only owned this vehicle for around a month, but love it! Replaced a worn out Mercury Sable wagon with it and never looked back. It drives impeccably and handles like a dream! Even though it has 78000 miles on it, runs like new. I have owned other Japanese vehicles in the past and loved them. This by far is the most comfortable and best handling of any!

Love the leather interior, like new and fits like a glove! The cargo space is fantastic! Not too many things I don't like except it's my wife's car and I only get to drive it on the weekends! We have gone on one long trip around 950 miles and arrived refreshed and ready to go after 15 hrs.

Better gas mileage. Better tires.

Part of the family
By tucson majic

2003 Honda Pilot SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Had A GM, wouldn’t quit breaking so we went and tried the Honda Pilot. Paid sticker as there was no bartering at the time. Outstanding value for the money. Held up great as my wife is hard on vehicles. The only thing I did to it was add an aftermarket transmission cooler as we live in a hot climate. This vehicle has been that reliable that I would replace it with another. Maintaining it is easy for do it yourselfers also.

Reliablity. Comfortable

Get rid of the buffeting when you roll down the windows! When you buy a roof rack you expect to get the cross bars with it, not to pay extra for them.

Fun to drive
By dave hoffman

2003 Honda Pilot SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is our primary family vehicle. We use this whenever the whole family goes somewhere. I love how well this vehcile rides, performs and handles at highway speeds. Very easy to handle in parking lot manuvers. Love this vehicle and will buy another one when ready.

I would like to see a richer looking interior. Some of the fit and finish looks basic.

superior to any competitor in class
By So Cal on the go

2003 Honda Pilot SUV LX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just why does anybody buy an SUV? Practical, go anywhere, looks, roomy, fun, features, price...and a few more. Without being an offroad pretender, this unit meets it all. My favorite, I never have to take my golf clubs out to run errors or pick up the kids.

Handling, room, gas mileage (especially during the crisis of 06)

Could look as sporty as it performs.

nice car but buyers beware
By Reinaldo Davila

2003 Honda Pilot SUV LX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car runs great, love the interior except for the consoles. Gas mileage is horrible I feed this baby once a week. Problem with dampness/wetness on the carpeting from drivers side and passengers side. Had it serviced twice. So buyers beware, have it serviced by a mechanic before you purchase a used Pilot.

great car but not too happy.

Don't like the consoles which needs to be improved.