2003 Honda Pilot SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:
kids are gone
By don on 01/31/06 14:48 PM (PST)

2003 Honda Pilot SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

towing a 3,500 lb. travel trailer with no problem and still maintain 18 mpg at 60 mph. on a hot florida day with the air on and still plenty of power to pass slower vehicles with ease is a credit to this vehicles performance and quality. the normal in town avrage is17mpg with 22.3 best on hiway with 2 persons on board.

EXcellent Family Car
By RaginPilot on 01/26/06 23:51 PM (PST)

2003 Honda Pilot SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Hi is a good car. I has good suspension, power, and Comfort. It's very Reliable. Very Safe. Responds well. Has a good emergency handling. It has a Good VTM-4 system

Pilot-no problems
By sfisheriii on 01/05/06 18:00 PM (PST)

2003 Honda Pilot SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My wife drives the car the most, especially in town. I drive on the highway. While the gas mileage is low compared to a sedan, she feels that the in-out comfort and the high view the car affords her are wonderful. The engineers and designers have invested a lot of thinking into the interior design of the car and have come up with another winner. There was one small glitch involving shifting to a lower gear(automatic), but we figured it out.

Very Satisfied
By Cynthia Dittoe on 12/18/05 16:40 PM (PST)

2003 Honda Pilot SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My Pilot just turned 50K miles and I've had no problems at all. I've driven in the snow and ice, and it performed very well. It's been reliable and a pleasure to drive as well as economical compared to the larger SUV's on the market. I would highly recommend a Pilot.

A great vehicle
By Frank on 12/02/05 12:47 PM (PST)

2003 Honda Pilot SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have about 41,000 miles on it now, and it looks and runs like new. Knock on wood, there have been no problems. Folding down the seats and hauling heavy loads is a cinch. It is also easy to pack nine of the family into it, with plenty of cupholders and outlets for MP3's. There is a lot of road noise, and I seldom use the radio at highway speed because of it. Otherwise, it is comfortable to drive, dependable and convenient.

Do all Pilot
By Bob & Barbara on 11/16/05 09:50 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Pilot SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The car is well made and drives easily with a lot of comfort. It is a remarkable bargain considering it costs some $10,000 less than the Acura MDX with which it shares more than chassis. Have had no problems though its width can be deceiving, particularly in a parallel parking situation.

Do not buy first year model
By matt on 10/25/05 12:04 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Pilot SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this vehicle new. I have 42,000 miles on vehicle. Not typical Honda quality. Warranty items replaced recalled: new vent, new console top, transmission oil cooler kit recal, and finally EGR valve recall. The VTM4 light and Engine service light has been coming on for the last 1000 miles. I have had it to the dealer 4 to 5 different times and it is still not fixed. The last thing the replaced was the VTM4 control module $800 dollars and it did not fix it. This has been very frustrating and you would not expect this from a Honda product that cost $32,000 new. Very disappointing.

Awesome vehicle
By Linda on 10/16/05 20:14 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Pilot SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love this SUV. The only down side is the gas mileage which did not bother me until the prices have risen. It is comfortable, looks great, has been maintance free! People ask me about it all the time and tell me how great it looks. I will never own a GM product again!

Comfort and Class
By Chris on 10/14/05 09:46 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Pilot SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great SUV to drive...before I purchased my Pilot, I tested most of the SUV's in its class. Comfort on long road trips is undescribable. I would recommond this vechile to anyone!

Don't buy first model year
By leroy on 08/17/05 21:04 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Pilot SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Pilot is comfortable to drive and has good storage capacity. However we have had multiple problems that have ranged from a stress cracked windshied to electrical problems ..... our 3rd Honda product and most disappointing.