2003 Honda Pilot - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:
Noisy speakers
By Carla on 08/20/06 05:47 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Pilot EX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We absolutely love this car. Very comfortable ride, kids love the DVD entertainment system. The 60/40 seat fold is wonderful. Not too much space left if the third seat is up. Overall, its great!

Everything is great!!!
By Honda Pilot on 08/09/06 11:20 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Pilot LX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had no trouble with my Pilot. I have three kids and was not ready to go to a mini van so I got a Pilot. It was the best investment I have made. The Entertainment package is a must have for anyone with kids!

Great SUV
By Chief on 07/24/06 13:08 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Pilot EX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have never been happier with any auto purchase, than with the Pilot. Its just awesome, loads of room, and extremely reliable. In the 3 years I have owned it, I have only serviced it 5 times (every 7,500 miles). The only thing that would ever make me get a different vehicle, would be if they made the Pilot with some kind of hybrid engine.

Great reliability and price
By Roman on 07/22/06 07:31 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Pilot EX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first Honda car and I'm trilled with my choice! I bought it for the legendary Honda reliability and did not regret it for a second. Pilot drives pretty good if you take size of this truck into consideration. Performance on snow is unreal. In the winter, I park in the biggest pile of snow I can find, and Pilot gets in and out without any problems every time.

karceneaux
By K ARCENEAUX on 07/22/06 03:22 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Pilot LX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The gas mileage for the first year was 19 on the highway, but now we get 24. The back seat area needs more room if you have kids. The factory tires are terrible. Road noise, uneven wear.

Failed Struts are Dangerous!
By Bliss on 07/21/06 05:45 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Pilot EX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a Honda because I had always heard how reliable they were. They are just about the ugliest cars on the market, but the Pilot had several features that I really wanted, seating for eight passengers, integrated DVD system, and fairly good gas mileage. The warranty is not nearly as good as Hyundai, but I didn't think that would be an issue.

Can't Go Wrong with a Pilot!
By Coleen on 07/12/06 09:19 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Pilot EX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my Pilot in Jan of 2006, and it's the best decision I've made. Prior to purchasing, I researched every SUV out there, and test drove a few. This vehicle drives and rides like a luxury car! It doesn't feel like you're driving an 8-passenger vehicle, has more than sufficient power, very roomy in front and middle rows for large adults, great cargo space, and looks quite stylish. I have the EX-L model loaded with everything. Kids LOVE the DVD player. I love that they can listen with wireless headphones and I can play my CD or Radio! Leather seats remain beautiful and are easy to clean up! Not a single hint of mechanical problems! Drives great--everyday!

Love my PILOT!
By Britt on 05/09/06 18:22 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Pilot EX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This was the best car purchase I've yet made. It's fun, and practical. The Honda Pilot has enough room for my family of five with plenty of cargo space as well. I highly recommend this vehicle to someone who is looking to "upsize".

Review of my Pilot
By Merrill Haas on 04/29/06 20:24 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Pilot EX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Handles well on mountain roads. Has good acceleration.

Best Reliability of any car I ever owned
By alphatango on 03/02/06 06:57 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Pilot EX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My first Honda was and is a 1995 Accord. It now has 230,000 miles on it and I'm still using it. I was so impressed, I bought my Pilot, and with 80,000 miles on it, it has been in for repairs once---to replace the rear door struts. This is a excellent vehicle.