2003 Honda Pilot SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:
Best SUV yet!
By Arthur on 01/09/07 01:02 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Pilot SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased a '03 White EX-L with Gray leather 10/02 - to this day, the paint still shimmers like new, leather takes wear & tear but is flawless. This is my everyday car, 66k, no problems. Impeccable fit & finish. Extremely comfortable on a 16 hr trip. Amazing mpg, I average about 23 mpg on a tank of gas. Likes being light footed, heavy footers will suffer. Great ergonomics. Rides better than my wife's Sequoia that cost me 44k. Feels big & safe like a truck. Lots of room to spread out & huge cargo room when seats folded. Only thing done was scheduled maintenance, tires/brakes at 42k, & trans. recall. No competition, Def buying again. If its well pampered, nothing goes wrong!

america, take note
By yachtracer on 01/04/07 12:43 PM (PST)

2003 Honda Pilot SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is an outstanding suv. Plenty of power, space and comfort. Hauls everything we need, both inside and by trailer. It is very reliable and the build quality is obvious.

Just float along...
By Hondalvr on 12/11/06 20:21 PM (PST)

2003 Honda Pilot SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After test driving 6 other Hondas (CR- Vs, Accords, Element) I was lucky enough to get a super-clean "pre- owned" 2003 Pilot in March of 2006 with only 22k miles on it. I'd had a Jeep Cherokee for 11 years before that, so there was a huge difference in ride comfort (long overdue!). The professional reviews are right, it drives like a luxury sedan and I don't think I've ever been in anything more comfortable. I'll be hanging on to this one for years to come...

Can't wait to buy a new one!
By Peyton on 11/01/06 09:44 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Pilot SUV LX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My family and I absolutely LOVE this SUV! It's affordable and reliable, which is what I need with two young children. I bought my Pilot used, but in my opinion, Honda's don't start running good until they reach 60 k miles! One more year and I will trade my old Pilot in for an 07'. I can't wait! It has plenty of room to haul my kids' friends around in, plus some. It travels good, rides great, and I just love it! I would highly recommend the Pilot to anyone with a small or large family. It's just the right size no matter what you're doing.

Depreciation rated too high
By Susan on 09/17/06 06:31 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Pilot SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Chosen for the 3rd row seat and fun to drive, the Honda Pilot is a great family car. The feelings of safety and power are comforting. The ventilation is strange-if one window is open, the air pressure is overwhelming and more windows need to be opened to compensate. Only one other problem in 3 years- the front row passenger side door lock stopped working with the remote. Sold with only 34,000 miles after 3 years, I got only half what I paid for it, and it was in good shape.

Love my Pilot
By karen on 09/03/06 22:34 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Pilot SUV LX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my fourth SUV. I love just about everything about it! It rides like you are driving on a cloud with plenty of interior space, extra seating in the back, seat belts for all passengers, leather to sink into, and great handling on the road. There are only two cons I can think of. Some wind noise over 15-20mph with just one window down (when two are down, the noise is gone)....Small sliver space in front area between the console and driver and passenger seats is hard to clean. Thats it! When I get ready to sell this Pilot, I will definitely be looking at another one!!

Driving
By george murphy on 08/28/06 04:49 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Pilot SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Very comfortable and stable ride. AWD works extremely well. Pulled a 7 foot Hobie Cat in deep sand! 8 seats a bonanza with visiting grandchildren. 1 recall seanless. Took extended warranty as we bought the 1st model year, probably will never use it. Only problem we have had is collection of "carbon" on gas pedal mechanism causing sticking.

I love this SUV
By LoveMyPilot on 08/24/06 17:07 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Pilot SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my fourth Honda (3 civics and now my pilot). I bought this car sight unseen at the auto show in 03-first year for the pilot, and have never been happier with a car purchase!! I love the size and yet it still handles better than most sedans and compact cars. It is 100% honda reliable!

Noisy speakers
By Carla on 08/20/06 05:47 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Pilot SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We absolutely love this car. Very comfortable ride, kids love the DVD entertainment system. The 60/40 seat fold is wonderful. Not too much space left if the third seat is up. Overall, its great!

Everything is great!!!
By Honda Pilot on 08/09/06 11:20 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Pilot SUV LX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had no trouble with my Pilot. I have three kids and was not ready to go to a mini van so I got a Pilot. It was the best investment I have made. The Entertainment package is a must have for anyone with kids!